MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone mad enough and sober enough to join us in a little run in Central London on Boxing Day? :D

NOTE: This run is for Londoners or those who know London well!

If you do not know how to get from Covent Garden to Hyde Park Corner without a map then you really should not be doing this run!!!

* * * Update on 22 Dec 2004 * * *

Route Outline and the detailed version now up on for scrutiny :)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO AUTOROUTE VERSION of the run, due to the complexity of the route involving duplications - AR does not like it, according to Max! :rolleyes:

Starting and End Point

Starting and End Point will be Russell Square (WC1B 5EQ) or very close to it, start time will be 10:00h Departure sharp.

In case we cannot all park around Russell Square, I suggest we meet by the Russell Square fountain from 09:30h onwards.

As for toilettes, I suggest the Royal National Hotel just around the corner ;)

End of Run watering hole and eaterie

The End of Run watering hole will be our local - The Lamb is Lambs Conduit Street, WC1N 3LZ :)

The usual eateries that DK frequent are all closed on Boxing Day, however, the restaurant in the Royal National Hotel is open throughout the holiday period. Normal hotel/service station type of food, it will fill a hungry stomach, but please do not expect much in terms of quality!

Limited Number Only

The number of cars for this run will be limited to 15, and there is no minimum limit and the run will go ahead even if there are only 2 cars, which we already have :D

Other Important Information

It is strongly advised that you equipe yourself with PMR446 2-way Radios (walkie talkies), and set to Channel 3 Sub-channel 8 (subject to change on the day).

That's it, roll on Boxing Day! :D

DK ;) :apple:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attendee:

1. DK and Apple
2. Max (may car share with DK) :D
3. TopMini (no show!)
4. Mini Mouse and her son :D
5. scooperman_uk
6. RedMini - His (may car share) :D
7. RedMini - Hers (may car share) :D
8. Mith Master
9. daniel.boizard (no show!)
10. Horgy and his cousin

Attachments

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
How wonderful!!!! Only Family commitments (none set in stone as yet) will stop me from being there so yes, my name is firmly down for this! :D

I was born and bred about 3 miles from Russell Square so am only too familiar with them there roads.....could probably do the run blindfoled but won't for obvious reasons ;)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought about pre-Christmas lunch run starting at 09:00h on 25 Dec, somehow, I don't think that would go down too well :rolleyes:

The roads would be even quieter though :p

Mini Mouse,

Is Mulled Wine too early for 10:00h/11:00h? :confused:

Could bring some downstairs for the start of the run :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul Mullett said:
Probably. :D

Ah, probably not. :D

Have fun, should get some good photos.

MINIs should have to be dressed in a festive style, you've got a head start with your red and green MINI.

;)
I am thinking about starting the run with a small cup of Mulled Wine and shall bring a branch of Mistletoe along too :D

The roads should be quiet enough to allow us some photo opportunities on the bridges ;)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Minnie Mouse said:
Just a thought!

The West End perhaps should either be avoided due to the sales starting or attacked at a very early hour......I speak from previous experience :(

Bring out the mulled wine.....any time is good!!!
Oxford Street is out, Regent Street is in, Knightsbridge should be ok too :)

If we start at 10:00h we should be ok I think ;)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Stick me down for a maybe, if no other family commitments i'm there :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Loz and Kirstykix,

I shall stick you down as "Maybe's" but you will be bumped off into the reserve list is there are more than 15 "firms", and Max will car-share with me to free up another space ;)

·
Registered
668 Posts
dcfkan said:
End of Run watering hole

The End of Run watering hole will be our local - The Lamb is Lambs Conduit Street :)
DK - Are they likely to let a small well behaved dog in? You know the one I mean!

Also, how long do you expect the actual run to last? We'll be expected by the family at some point, but a MINI run is a lot more tempting.

We'd be interested in bringing 2 cars if there's room but appreciate that might not be possible if it's over subscribed.

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
RedMini said:
DK - Are they likely to let a small well behaved dog in? You know the one I mean!

Also, how long do you expect the actual run to last? We'll be expected by the family at some point, but a MINI run is a lot more tempting.

We'd be interested in bringing 2 cars if there's room but appreciate that might not be possible if it's over subscribed.
We'll find out for you this weekend when we visit the pub ;)

Max and I are thinking of starting at 10:30h for a 1.5h run in time for the pub to open at 12:00h :)

Do the West End bit first to avoid the Sales mob before going over to the City where it will be completely empty!

I'll stick you down as 2 cars for the time being and see how it goes :)

If you can bring both cars, then please do so, as I expect there will be some last minute drop outs, and the area surrounding Russell Square is quite safe :)

Put it this way, Max would rather drive his own car than be a navigator in mine! :rolleyes: :D :p

·
Registered
312 Posts
Just checked with the mother, nothing much happening on Boxing day, so you can stick me down for def now :D

1 - 20 of 195 Posts