MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello i'm a long term hatch owner and have just bought a 2015 Cabriolet 12k miles... I love the car but wondered whether the roof rattle is normal due to the stiffness of the suspension?
On motorways/A roads where the surface is smooth there is no problem but on b roads and concrete roads the roof rattles.
Is there any adjustment manually has it just got loose over the three years.
Or should I just turn up the volume on the Radio?
Pete

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
Hello i'm a long term hatch owner and have just bought a 2015 Cabriolet 12k miles... I love the car but wondered whether the roof rattle is normal due to the stiffness of the suspension?
On motorways/A roads where the surface is smooth there is no problem but on b roads and concrete roads the roof rattles.
Pete
2015 with 12k on it i would have a chat with main dealer as warranty should be within the 3 years of mechanical or could argue its part of body which is a lot longer, that would be my first bit of advice,, if the will not repair it they will at least find out what its doing,, more likely is the cables are jumping around in there, if your running 17 or 18 inch wheels this will make the ride fairly crash and bang form experience its all hard..

·
Registered
511 Posts
That is not normal, albeit mine is a 2009 model, there are no noises from the hood. If someone has had the plastic internal covers off they could have lost the felt dampers from the clips, other than that it should be fairly silent. Run flats are also harsh and worth considering ditching them and getting Slime repair kit with a pump. Am on 17" non run flats (non S version so I have the carrier and spare wheel under the boot). Warranty as Mike says.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2015 with 12k on it i would have a chat with main dealer as warranty should be within the 3 years of mechanical or could argue its part of body which is a lot longer, that would be my first bit of advice,, if the will not repair it they will at least find out what its doing,, more likely is the cables are jumping around in there, if your running 17 or 18 inch wheels this will make the ride fairly crash and bang form experience its all hard..

hello all still trying to track this rattle down... I think now it is the windows and the noise can be reduced if I put the fron window up first followed by the quarter light or back window... again I ask does anyone have similar issues or does anyone know if there is any adjustment on the windows fixings?

Cheere Peter

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pete
I know this post is a bit old but we have bought two used convertibles (2005 and 2011). I found both to make a good bit of noise rattle and squeaking which I isolated to the following; bolt attaching arms to raise and lower the roof. Literally one bold was gone which I replaced. I had less noise after that but I was not satisfied so I added a rubber washer and now have no sound. I also note that there are several plastic pieces (near rear passenger window) which I am unsure of the purpose (maybe to keep shape of roof when opened)....but these broke down and are the cause of rattling and oddly a squeaking sound. I will work on it and report back as well as take some photos. Overall the canopy is in good shape and some of the pieces are sewn into the canopy so I plan to improvise while trying to maintain the original performance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts