MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car went into mikeythemini's workshop yesterday, and after 7hrs of treading the Liverpool shopping district, I get back to find that "Café de la Mierda" has become "Café del Mar". No longer do I have the sloppy, sticky, messy sound of the standard speakers (albeit they do sound better with an aftermarket HU), but the crisp, punchy and smooth sound for which the café is famous.

Mikey did a great job of sound deadening and fitting anti-rattle washers. Pictures will follow when I find time away from the sounds to take them!!!

For info, set up is as follows:

Sony MP40 HU
Dension icelink, 20Gb 3rd gen iPOD (hardwired using Mike's power offtake adapter)
Kenwood 350W amp under passenger seat
Kenwood 250W amp in passenger boot cubby
Kenwood 10ins sub in custom bass box with MINI logo'd grill
New component speakers in doors, with tweeters and crossovers
New 6x9 2-way speakers in rear locations

Oh, and Mike's "assistant" managed to "demo" the anti-carjack system in the MCS - very impressive.....

All in all, very happy so far - just need to crank it up a bit............

As for Mike et al - highly recommended. Well worth the 3hr drive home..........

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
it does, vols 1-11, except vol 3. i wold have put some on sat night but its a bit too laid back for the mood. 3-4am is about the right time to start putting it on

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Oh the caf' I would love to retire to there. Booked to be out there in June :cool: Will have to look into wether I can supply Mini bits from there ;)

ANyway - Randap - thanks for giving us the work, hope you don't mind me posting pics, if you want me to e mail them to you just shout.

Attachments

·
Hangin at the Krusty Krab
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mikeythemini said:
Oh the caf' I would love to retire to there. Booked to be out there in June :cool: Will have to look into wether I can supply Mini bits from there ;)

ANyway - Randap - thanks for giving us the work, hope you don't mind me posting pics, if you want me to e mail them to you just shout.
Mike, you're the best - and I love you...........r work. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
randap
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing