MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my girlfriends sister is looking to get a mini, and she is based in kent in Wainscott.

Can any Kent owners let me know of any good experiences / deals / P/x's they have received from Kent dealers so that I can pass this info on.

I know this should really go in the dealers thread but dont think I would get much of a response.

She is looking at blue cooper with chilli and white 17" S spokes (Dont know where she got that idea from).

thanx in anticipation

·
Official MINI2 Fluffer
5,261 Posts
I bought my Cooper from Lind in Maidstone. The saleswoman was very good but sadly she has now left (probably after dealing with me!:D ) There are now 2 salesmen dealing with MINIs. One of them is Paul Blair who was good and a new chap who has only just started. Lind have a 3-3.5 month wait for cars and only have the car in the showroom & demos left.

I did also try Newmans/Broadoak in Canterbury and found the salesman very offputting and an order-taker rather than someone who could be bothered to explain details and answer questions. I think that monsta also posted this a while back.

I can't really give details of deals or px as I ordered in July and paid full list and had no px. I would think that your sis-in-law would only get book for her px and prob only a token discount (normally tlc).

I think that dinger bought from Whitehouse in Bexley or Sidcup and he said that they were OK afaik.

The other dealers in Kent would be Victoria in Bromley and L& C Sevenoaks/T.Wells. It seems that southern dealers are having a bit of a shortage of cars so why not be a cheeky bugger and test drive the car in Kent and order from neo???!!:D :D :D (My sister bought from neo......I don't think she'll ever speak to me again!!:D :D )

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
Newmans, now know as Broak Oak Mini (Broad Oak Road, Canterbury) now have a new younger sales team and I have found them very friendly.

They were happy to talk to me about my MINI and the prospect of test driving an S, which was nice as the previous guy seemed only interested in me placing a deposit.

As for second hand with 17" S spokes - no chance!

:)

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
I'm sponsored by Lind Maidstone so duty bound to reccommend - having said that I havn't had any experience of buying from them since my car came from JCW - If she mentions me at Lind she may get an extra cup of coffee:D

·
Registered
464 Posts
I wanted a Blue + white cooper with S spokes, although im in the midlands area I did look nationaly to save money on book price however they are rare and because the S Spokes are a new option. The only one I viewed was at a dealer about 25 miles away it was an ex demo had 3500k on the clock but even that didn't have the wheels on straight away the salesman offered to swap the wheels off the one in the showroom but the car was already £14700 and he wanted to charge me extra!!!!! I've since opted for a new one as I've got the same spec as the demo plus a MD player and 17" wheels for £15055.

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Hi Eliseboy,

I have had first class service at Lind and would recommend them to anyone .

My MINI came from Whitehouse in Keston as these were the only dealers to give me a discount and its only the distance of where we live that i dont use them for looking after it.

Dc's got the right idea though get your sister to demo the MINI locally and then deal with Neo at Derek Woodmans as she might even get a discount from him. ;)

PS, There is also L&C at Tunbridgewells,but make sure that you use a guy called Ian who I do believe is the senior sales person there and is also very helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts