MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a new Mini One, & I'm keen to chat to other local owners.

Having registered with miniaddiction 3 or 4 days ago... I'm still waiting to have my account activated!

Sorry to the admin of MINI2 for using your site to rant, but there seems no other way to contact the site. :smile:

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Welcome to MINI2

Very strange to have your first post here asking about another site :confused::confused:

You will find that it takes abot 5 to 7 days to get your access sorted .... so only option is wait.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Welcome to MINI2

Very strange to have your first post here asking about another site :confused::confused:

You will find that it takes abot 5 to 7 days to get your access sorted .... so only option is wait.
I thought that too, bit of a cheek in all honesty.

But hey, we're obviously not worthy of him as he wants to be somewhere else:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apologies

Sorrry Guys ... didn't intend putting anyones nose out of joint. :(

Anyway I assumed MA to be "comrades" rather than "rivals" please feel free to correct me if that is not the case.

Despite no previous posts, I've been lurking on this site for a number of weeks. Seems top grade in my opinion! :smile:

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
I'll PM one of the MA folks for you. See if theres a reason for the delay... have you filled all the relevant stuff out. The front page of the site has a thing all about it in the centre. They won't activate accounts if they have not got everything that that front page article says.

R

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
PS whats your handle on MA or your email... PM it to me and I'll try to sort it.

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
PS whats your handle on MA or your email... PM it to me and I'll try to sort it.
I've given up on MA - my login keeps getting locked out and now I just can't be ar$ed to register again. I logged a a while ago and it was fine, about 2 days after that I tried again and it said invalid username or password and when I try to reset via my email address it says its not listed.

I don't get this grief on other sites so it's b'bye to MA from me. If they have spam (like everyone does) then they need to find other ways of dealing with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll PM one of the MA folks for you. See if theres a reason for the delay... have you filled all the relevant stuff out. The front page of the site has a thing all about it in the centre. They won't activate accounts if they have not got everything that that front page article says.

R

Thanks Richard...

My handle is the same.. ie: "Min One" ..and yes, as far as I know all the gumph that was required was filled in. I got an email confirming my registration (albeit warning that it needed activating by a MA moderator

Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Sadly the issue of spam is one we are trying our best to figure out. In the past 3 minutes, we have received 4 spam registrations alone!

We try and activate accounts we know to be real, that is why we ask for as much information to be filled in as possible such as location etc.

We are working on ways to filter this and reduce our spam loading.

If we are missing you, my apologies. We try and catch as many people as we can :)

Hopefully something can be done to alleviate the problem over the next couple of months or so :)

Min One said:
Anyway I assumed MA to be "comrades" rather than "rivals" please feel free to correct me if that is not the case.
Don't worry we are comrades ;) I'm sure they're just pulling your chain :)

·
THE STICK
3,902 Posts
"Don't worry we are comrades"

Speak for yourself wibbly ... I'm no red!

I'm land owning gentry, I even have a Landrover, hunter wellies and a shotgun! I'm not sharing my wealth for the good of the prolatariate :rolleyes:

Now were is the next peasant shoot... err I mean pheasant shoot, of course LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts