MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting the upgraded H&K system when my car is ordered and would like to know if there is any reason why I couldn't install an external amplifier along with it?

And if I were to ever want to upgrade the speakers, is there any reason I should order the premium system to begin with? Is the premium upgrade anything other than speakers or does it have a better headunit as well?

·
Registered
431 Posts
The H/K system has upgraded speakers and an upgraded amplifier. I imagine the H/K amp will be perfectly suited to the H/K speakers, so there is little point adding a different amp. If you intend to change the speakers I would recommend you dont buy the H/K system and spend the money you save on after-market kit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read here or on the roadfly board that someone had found an adapter that would allow a sony headunit to work with the multi function steering wheel controls.

Does anyone know any more about this? If that's the case I'll definitely go with an aftermarket setup. I'll still give the H&K system a chance, though that's a lot of money just for speakers without going super highend (as I plan to do.)

Anybody got new info about XM radio on the factory systems? MINIUSA emailed me saying they were working on it and very close to getting all the details worked out, it's one of the other factors I am taking into consideration as I am addiicted to XM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts