MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an R50 mini cooper manual.

Flat tyre light is permanently yellow with no other lights on. The light came on about a week after i replaced brake pads and rotors, so i assumed faulty speed sensor. As it wasnt a major problem i left it and its been like that for about a year.

I am now planning to sell the car and wanted to get the light off so it doesnt put off potential buyers.

Rather than trial speed sensors till i found the correct one i took it to MINI today and got a scan done. I got the following code back:

0067 KOMBI: CAN bus, no message 1 from KOM2

They said its a fault somewhere in the circuit and would require further investigation. They said they swapped the reset button under the hand brake with another they had there but it made no dofference so i can rule that out.

Has anyone come across this? Can anyone suggest where to start before i attempt to go through the whole circuit.

The car has been fantastic for us for the four years weve had it and even though this is a minor problem, i would like to pass it to the next person in 100% condition.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm running into the same error message. On 2002 R53. I've recently replaced the gauge cluster with one that is exactly same configuration, so I understand why the VINs don't match, however this Canbus communication seems to be wonky. trying to figure out which KOM2 is coming from first. I'm planning to reseat all connectors for the various computers first. Original gauge cluster did smoke, so not sure what or why that happened there, but I had some wiring spliced in with alternate pigtail due to connector being melted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts