MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My air bag light has come on and was wondering whether there is any one in Leicestershire mainly Loughborough area who has a reset tool which if I sorted them out with a drink they would let me borrow?

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

James

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
There is no tool that I'm aware of you need to go to your dealer to have them do this for you, they will charge about half an hours labour to do this for you;)

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
There is no tool that I'm aware of you need to go to your dealer to have them do this for you, they will charge about half an hours labour to do this for you;)
Don't be a tool... of course theres a tool ;)

They are about £50 on ebay, a guy on this forum kindly let me borrow his a while ago when I needed it. :)

·
Turbo Schmurbo...
822 Posts
Its the same one the guy off here used on mine, if there is a fault theres a book that tells you roughly where in the circuit the problem is depending on the reader codes. Its great for those who are constantly getting problems with the seat airbag circuit.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Several of us have been posting about this usrful £50 Reset tool in the main Airbag Thread on Faults and Fixes for over a year or so.............but useful info like this rarely seems to make it to the FAQ sections anymore? :confused:
How do we get stuff put in FAQ, as many new members don't seach or don't trust the info in old posts?
Same thing is now happening with the many common questions about the failing PS pumps and Midland Gearbox that keep coming up from new owners of early used Minis now getting problems and coming to MINI2 for quick answers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts