MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cooper S Trubo 2009 R56.
I need to replace the battery. My current one is 570CCA 70amp and I'm putting a 650CCA 60amp.
I understand that I need to register the new battery. I don't have the device to do it myself, so I'd like to put the new battery and then drive either to AutoZone or MINI dealership to register the battery.
Can I safely drive with the new battery without registering it first? If yes, how long can I drive without regestering it?

·
Registered
2009 mini cooper s
26 Posts
Yes. Forever really, it just won’t be optimum for the new battery so would theoretically / eventually mean it’s life span would be less than it should be. But over a few weeks no problem in my opinion.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I became on my way to San Diego from San Antonio, TX. I'm within the middle of nowhere Sonora, TX. ABS light and ! Light came on. Deja vu all another time while my battery died out on the street 2 years in the past. Battery voltage changed into at 10.Five. I've put a new one in, start up and pressure up to now, half a mile, no troubles. How long can I go without registering? I actually have 1500 extra miles to head. I regret now not having accomplished the alternator for the past 2 months now if this is also the case. Still the identical one for a 2010. I actually have the D-KAN cable, anticipating Alpine to reply back and see if he can check in this night. Otherwise, I'll simply maintain going until I attain San Diego and register there.

9Apps Showbox

1 - 3 of 3 Posts