MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know whether you can get the AUX cable kit from Mini UK yet? I'm getting an ipod for xmas and don't really want to change the factory boost unit as I have Sat Nav. I've searched the forums and realise that there are some alternatives, but think that the mini aux cable is best option for me as don't want to loose NAV voice or CD changer - just need to get one now!!

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
I have Sat Nav with BOOST I fitted the I-pod with Mikethemini's ICE Link connection kit fitted it myself its very good but it can only take 1 external device so the cd changer will have to go if you want the ipod. I sold my Changer on E-Bay the sound is brilliant thru the H/K too!
But if you are wanting an AUX port I guess you could give mike a PM as iv no idea about the set-up of them

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anyone know the part number - I haven't managed to get a copy of the latest accessory brochure yet?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
masjj said:
Does anyone know the part number - I haven't managed to get a copy of the latest accessory brochure yet?
Haven't got it to hand, but if you tell your dealer the part number is in the new accessories brochure then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just rang my dealer about this and they said that they're not sure if the AUX cable is compatible with the BOOST mini disc unit. Thye're going to find out for me but just wondered whether any other minidisc people had got this fitted and whether it worked.

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Steve works for BMW parts so when hes got time im sure he will find the No# for you if you shoot him a PM

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer left me a message saying that BMW have called saying that my car doesn't have one of the options required for the AUX cable to work.

I can only imagine that they're talking about SAT NAV as I know you have to add the cable to the existing SAT NAV cable cluster. I have a Jan 03 Cooper S with SAT NAV, and MiniDisc BOOST unit. What else could you possibly need? Also, it's a bit expensive at £39.95 - considering that it's just a bit or wire!!

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Doesn't nav take up the aux port for the nav voice or something? Ask mikeythemini, he's bound to know.
If anyone still needs the part number, I'll get it for you. :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
COMPATIBLE WITH ANY PORTABLE MP3 PLAYER,
WALKMAN, MINI DISC PLAYER AND IPOD WITH
3.5MM JACK PLUG CONNECTOR. ONLY ADJUSTS
THE VOLUME THROUGH THE MULTI FUNCTION
STEERING WHEEL, NO PLAY LIST SELECTION .

Part number: 65 12 0 308 752. Part price - £39.95 incl VAT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts