MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've had my MC 05 for 10 days now. I've noticed a rattle/clunk fom the front passenger side. (Hubby said it sounds like the drive shaft) I do have TLC but does this just cover the services? I'm due one in 2300 miles, this would be a 25k service. As the 3 year warranty on it was up July 08 (only assuming) then would I not be covered for this kind of problem? Everyone seems to say that BMW really look after your Mini, but I am a little confused as to what I'm entitled to.
So really my question is, if I have a problem can I book it in to be checked out and would I have a hefty bill to pay?

Thank you for your time.

Ann (Newbie):D

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Did you buy it from a main dealer? If so they give you a 12 month warranty
Looking up other posts by the original poster reveals that the car was bought privately.

You can allways ask BMW to investigate and reprt their findings before agreeing to have any work done

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

Yes we did buy privately. Don't get me wrong the car is mint condition and drives beautifully,:p:ebblack: I do however have this clunk which I am hopefully going to get sorted. I think my next step is to phone BMW, then would they have all the details of warranty, tlc etc.....? They can probably best inform me. I can post a piccie of my car if I knew how, any ideas?

I'm asking too many questions aren't I? :D

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
TLC won't cover any clunking, it merely covers basic servicing for the car.
If you get a BMW dealer to do it, it will cost you, could be a wheel bearing if it's coming from the rear of the car. An independant garage may do just a good a job. Is there any independant BMW garages near you?
As you say it's from the front, it could be the Clunk Steering syndrome that plagues many MINI's, this might mean a new steering columb required...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts