MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could one of you computer geniuses show us two DS "S" Coopers side by side...one with the 16" spoke wheels (standard in the US) and one with the 17" "S" spokes (both wheels in silver)?

I for one would be very appreciative

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Karmen;;
Thanks..still can't decide. The 17" have always looked too big to me...outta proportion, but they're starting to look better to me, especially since we yanks can't have the five stars (w/o jumping through hoops)

·
Registered
106 Posts
At first i too thought that the 17's looked too big.

In real life they dont. On my present cooper i have the 5 star 16's and i actually think that these on the rear of the car look much bigger than the 17's.

I have ordered a replacement cooper and have specced the 17's instead of 16's. They look pretty damn good!

Regards,

lol

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
kshapiro said:
Karmen;;
Thanks..still can't decide. The 17" have always looked too big to me...outta proportion, but they're starting to look better to me, especially since we yanks can't have the five stars (w/o jumping through hoops)
Yeah, it's unfair that we don't get the 5 spoke rims. Thinking about it more, I prefer the 5 spoke more so than the 17" rims because the ride would most likely be very harsh especially equipped with the sport suspension. Hopefully I'll have all the answers to make a decision soon.

·
Registered
632 Posts
look here . . .

Personally I love the 17" 8-spoke Minilite look-a-likes . . . great pic.

On a different slant:

Note the minimal see-through glass area on the rear quarter windows here - smaller I suspect than the "old" Mini`s.

I`d like to see some modern cars masked-up in body colour tape to clearly define the actual window area!

And, yes, I know it`s to do with body stiffness v. styling etc etc but in some ways it looks like styling is winning over more important considerations.

I`m probably wrong of course!

:confused: :confused: ;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I initially thought the 16" Wheels looked too big for the Mini. However, as soon as I saw the 17" S Spokes on the Dark Silver S I knew I had to have them.

I personally think they look fantastic and really finish the car off. I have added them to my cooper and they give the car a much more menacing look, much more beefy.

When you see them side-by-side like that, I am amazed how much they change the look of the car. I really don't like the 16" Wheels that come standard with the S.

For me the S Spokes are the first thing of my list when I order my S.

LMB:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts