MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my local Mini delaership in Peterborough to take a nose at their factory JCW demo car following the chatter on this forum.

Its on an 08 plate with a £25.5k price tag and I was told it was a factory JCW car that the dealership principle has been using. What I do not understand is that did not have red 4 pot JCW branded brake calipers but had what looked to me like standard grey Cooper S calipers fitted?!?!? :puzzled:

I queried the salesman but he assured me it was a new factory Works car. :puzzled:

I get the feeling something isn't quite right and that someone is telling me porkies!! :angry: Can someone confirm this?

Cheers :smile:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sounds like porkies to me. Get the registration number of the car. Ring another BMW dealer and they will tell you exactly what the vehicle came with and any work done to the vehicle since registration.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I've got the brochure in my hot little hands,
pg 35, standard equipment, item 5
" high performance red brake calipers, with John Cooper Works emblem at front"

Agree with 3rdpillar, porkies! Unless of course they down spec'd it !!!!

·
Derv? Nein Danke.
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked the Mini Peterbrough website and the car isn't listed for sale there (its a met grey colour @ £25.5k)).

I did play dumb and ask if I could a JCW upgrade pack bolted to my Cooper S to get the same performance and was told that this was a very different car with uprated JCW specific brakes, suspension and engine mods. The car does have JCW badges all over it. :puzzled:

EDIT
The 1st thing I said when I went in was that I wanted to have a nose at the NEW JCW car that so many are talking about. We then talked about and looked at the car in question.

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
I just checked the Mini Peterbrough website and the car isn't listed for sale there (its a met grey colour @ £25.5k)).

I did play dumb and ask if I could a JCW upgrade pack bolted to my Cooper S to get the same performance and was told that this was a very different car with uprated JCW specific brakes, suspension and engine mods. The car does have JCW badges all over it. :puzzled:
The new MINI JCW (or factory works as some call it) DEFINATELY has the red 4 -pot calipers on the front. The car you are looking at will be a cooper s fitted with the JCW Aero Kit and badges and possibly the Tuning Kit also. The dealership will be trying to fleece you or simply do not know what they are talking about.

Alloy wheel Rim Tire Spoke Wheel

Also look at the badges - the factory JCW has the new works badge (see below)

Motor vehicle Vehicle Car Font Emblem

The older logo had the word 'works' spilling outside the silver oval. (Although a car just fitted with the aerokit could have the new logo i suppose.

I'd phone MINI customer services and complain, because a dealership should not be making this mistake!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts