MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want lower my ride a tad without loosing that great ride quality. It's alot cheaper to get a good set of springs then going the whole nine with a full coilover suspension kit. My question is, can the stock struts/shocks on the MCS handle Hsport springs or any in that case without blowing 5months down the road?
-Tyler :blblack:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I believe its a Yes. The stock shocks are pretty sporty. At least they were as stiff as the Bilstein Sport shocks on my m3.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
MiniMelaz said:
So I want lower my ride a tad without loosing that great ride quality. It's alot cheaper to get a good set of springs then going the whole nine with a full coilover suspension kit. My question is, can the stock struts/shocks on the MCS handle Hsport springs or any in that case without blowing 5months down the road?
-Tyler :blblack:
i believe tein makes a set of basic dampers for the mini (i dont have the prices tho) and their super street setup gets you 16 damper settings that are about the same price as kw v2 coils...

im looking at the disadvantages of coilovers right now.... do i really need height adjustability should be your main question

and also, alot of people have run different springs on stock shocks and it's no problem

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know the Tein guy at the main Tein warehouse in LA. They are still testing the kit and it is not out yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A big reason I decided not to go with an adjustable ride height suspension like kw/H&R/ect was because I probably would never adjust it. My solution to if the stock shocks werent stiff enough was to go with the Koni adjustable shocks/struts... If I'm good with the stock struts then this could save me $600.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
MiniMelaz
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing