MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the 04 supercharger be fitted to an 03 Cooper S?

I know they are a different model, but are they completely interchangeable?

The same question applies to the cylinder head?

·
Registered
209 Posts
IS there a significant chnage in the 03 to 04 s'chargers ??

Could understand upgrading if there was, or if your one is knackered :confused:

·
Taller Than You!
1,183 Posts
I think if it is after 07/04 its a 5th generation eaton supercharger. Basically same as the JCW one.. crazy I know. Coated rotor blades i think are the differences.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Hi Guys, I have spent a little time today comparing the working clearances between the rotors of both the early grey type and the latest black ones. The clearance /tolerance is between 0.1& 0.2mm on both types, so it would appear there is no difference or closer working tolerances on the later (JCW) type as was rumoured. The coating is quite different in texture though. I think the grey coating may be more inclined to come off than the later type, but time will tell. Regards Roland Gt Tuning

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LordNikon said:
Could understand upgrading if there was, or if your one is knackered :confused:
I'm basically just a sucker for buying up cheap spares on eBay. So if its cheap and compatible I might as well get one. I think the newer ones are responsible for pushing the 163bhp to 170bhp - not sure though?

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Wigley.... I dont think so ,even the pulley diameter is identical to earlier examples.
ps. I hoard them too! Regards roland GTT

·
Registered
209 Posts
wigley said:
I'm basically just a sucker for buying up cheap spares on eBay. So if its cheap and compatible I might as well get one. I think the newer ones are responsible for pushing the 163bhp to 170bhp - not sure though?

Fair one ..... grab one while you can then :D

·
The Power Cube
2,287 Posts
LordNikon said:
Fair one ..... grab one while you can then :D
I have the SCharger that JCW removed. unused and fully boxed as a spare.
So how is the JCW SCharger different to the new 5th Gen SCharger ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
roland2003 said:
AFAIK it's not different :eek: (apart from pulley diameter of course)
That is correct. You have proven this further beyond reasonable doubt now that the working tolerances are virtually identical. My new charger is arriving tomorrow (greay coated blades though).

Henry

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So just to check (having asked under the MCS section), is there or isn't there a difference in the supercharger between the standard MCS and the Works one?

Apart from the size of the pulley that is...

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
There is no difference in the supercharger on a JCW MCS and a stock MCS built from July 2004 onward except for the pulley size ... they both have a 5th generation Eaton supercharger.

·
Premium Member
2,813 Posts
Next time you need a new front door on planet JCW, just exchange the whole house !
The whole worlds gone mad Regards Roland Gt Tuning

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
roland2003 said:
Next time you need a new front door on planet JCW, just exchange the whole house !
The whole worlds gone mad Regards Roland Gt Tuning
lol!! they have to give u sumthing for the price i suppose.....:p ;)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts