MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can u get this from also interior door handles in chrome

gav
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,722 Posts
Chrome boot handle is available from the dealers (im getting one for my ONE :rolleyes: )
The chrome interior door hanles were only on pre-production MINI's :)
 

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
smiffy said:
Chrome boot handle is available from the dealers (im getting one for my ONE :rolleyes: )
The chrome interior door hanles were only on pre-production MINI's :)
I have a feeling that the S might have the chrome interior handles like the pre-prod Coopers did.

http://www.mini2.com/gallery/MINI Cooper S/EPSN0013.jpg

In which case they will be available from your dealer soon. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
Interesting...... I have told my dealer. No chrome interior door handles......No sale!!!. He has assured me the Cooper S will come with chrome handles as shown in the brochure. Stainless Steel or Aluminium would be better.

They are so much more practical than the painted ones, and look much much better in my opinion. Of the two demo's originally at my dealer, one had chrome handles the other not.

Wouldn't the chrome Cooper Boot handles be available off the shelf ?
 

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
Basil said:
Wouldn't the chrome Cooper Boot handles be available off the shelf ?
Yep, you can get anything from the parts dept.

I fancy some S aluminium dash trim... anyone know the part number??

:)
 

·
TT or not TT
Joined
·
3,064 Posts
monsta said:


Yep, you can get anything from the parts dept.

I fancy some S aluminium dash trim... anyone know the part number??

:)

Monsta monsta monsta you assured me and Basil you would be getting therapy for your chrome addiction.:confused: :confused:
 

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
Joined
·
4,566 Posts
dinger said:



Monsta monsta monsta you assured me and Basil you would be getting therapy for your chrome addiction.:confused: :confused:
You didn't say anything about fake aluminum though did you!
 

·
Lights are on but...
Joined
·
10,330 Posts
How about seeing if someone with the Aerodynamic kit want to do a swap? I mean the Aerodynamic kit gets a black front Grill, but still would have the Chrome boot Handle, which IMHO wouldn't look right as it wouldn't match.
 

·
Moderator & Sponsor
Joined
·
3,758 Posts
Basil said:
Interesting...... I have told my dealer. No chrome interior door handles......No sale!!!. ...
So, you really don't want a Cooper S at all -- you really just want a pair chrome door handles with the free Cooper S attached, right?

Do I detect a little bit of a bluff here? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,956 Posts
BruceK said:


So, you really don't want a Cooper S at all -- you really just want a pair chrome door handles with the free Cooper S attached, right?

Do I detect a little bit of a bluff here? :D
You did Bruce. It was one of those days when my dealer annoyed me by not being as enthusiastic or knowledgeable about the MINI as I was............let's face it the handles can be easily swapped for chrome later.......

My apologise for being a to*ser :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
dinger said:



Monsta monsta monsta you assured me and Basil you would be getting therapy for your chrome addiction.:confused: :confused:
Not to get any one into more chrome addiction problems, but wouldn't chrome vent balls round out the look....round chrome shift knob, 1/2 round inside door handles, and round chrome vent balls! Hopefully an aftermarket supplier is monitoring this site and agrees with us chromaholics.:cool: :cool: ...smiley has to wear shades due to the glare of the chrome.:cool: :cool:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top