MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a mini cooper s (love it already).

It came with Satnav, HK, CD Changer, MFSW.

Since then I bought parrot bluetooth from New Mini Stuff (By the way their DIY instructions are so easy to follow, even a simpleton like me managed to fit it in half an hour).

Id quite like to get an ipod link in there too.

I dont mind losing the CD changer as I have single CD in the front.

Is the ipod kit compatible with the bluetooth kit (assuming I lose the changer) and will I be able to control the ipod from the MFSW and the radio?

I dont want it to display on the nav but if it shows on the radio then great.

Cheers

mjh1234mjh

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
You won't be able to get text on radio as the kits that are out use the phone channel to display on radio and it will interfere with the nav. If you do not mind not having text, a gateway (NewMINIStuff.com) will work just fine with everything you have. You will lose the CD Changer, but that is what you expected.

If you want text, you can get an Intravee (Intravention - Home)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So basically, there is no way of getting any text on the radio or nav unless I get an itervee?

How come u can get cd changer text on the radio, doesnt the ipod link clip in that slot instead of the changer?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
It has to do with the way that it is transmitted on the bus. The only way to get text with nav is Intravee.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, last question - if i resign myself to not having any display other than on the ipod screen, can I still contol it from the MFSW or the radio, or is it only through the ipod controls?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
You can use the MSFW to control it. In fact, the OEM one will only let you do this. However, an Icelink or Gateway will let you "switch" if you would like. I recommend you contact Mikey at NewMINIStuff.com and talk to him. ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've got Bluetooth and Icelink on CD Boost, have done for years :) It's the old Icelink though, the one that doesn't do the pointless text on the small screen.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Why the reluctance to get an Intravee? It's far and away the best solution if you have nav.

I have exactly the same setup as you and as well as working fine it offers the best functionality - well actually factory BT might be better as it would use the nav display as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts