MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new facelift Cooper on Friday - can loving a car this much really be wrong?

I was worried that when it arrived I wouldn't instantly bond - the white lights and aero kit are on back order and won't be in for a couple of weeks so it was like a semi-naked mini. But, I practically hyperventilated during the handover because I couldn't believe it was finally mine.

The picture isn't great, but one of the cats wanted in on it so I thought I would have a go at posting it.

It was worth spending several weekends compiling an MP3cd of all my favourite tracks to drive to, I can barely tear myself away to go to work, but I guess I still need to pay for it....

Lovin' the Mini motion

·
Chris
9 Posts
Hi,
She Looks beautiful (and the CAT). I to have a EB/W Cooper on order due for deliver on Sept 1st, as this is a new color for the Cooper would be great to see some more pictures.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Hahahaha

Thats a great question -- I've had my car since Good Friday and I only really get to drive it at weekends as I have a company car.... altho I do have to go out a couple of times a week 'just for a blast'

However I spend every Saturday or Sunday washing and polising it which can go on for 2, 3 or sometimes 4 hours. I spend the majority of my waking moment on here or another Mini Website, or looking at the Mini magazines looking at what I want to do to the car, or alternative websites at the accesories for it. I take countless pictures of it just for the records -- and my Wife thinks I am completely obsessed by it.

I can't let her drive me cos I'm telling her where to drive on the road, avoiding the potholes etc. She moans at me cos we park miles away from anywhere in car parks and the like, oh and of course being an S works, I drive like a lunatic according to her :D

She is starting to get to the point where it is really p******g her off :D

So Yes, I see where you are coming from :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
magnifity said:
Got my new facelift Cooper on Friday - can loving a car this much really be wrong?

I was worried that when it arrived I wouldn't instantly bond - the white lights and aero kit are on back order and won't be in for a couple of weeks so it was like a semi-naked mini. But, I practically hyperventilated during the handover because I couldn't believe it was finally mine.

The picture isn't great, but one of the cats wanted in on it so I thought I would have a go at posting it.

It was worth spending several weekends compiling an MP3cd of all my favourite tracks to drive to, I can barely tear myself away to go to work, but I guess I still need to pay for it....

Lovin' the Mini motion

Is that EB. I would love to see a few more pics!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it is, EB with white roof and mirrors. Will get some more pictures sorted so you can share my joy!!

·
Ecstatic new JCW owner!
2,013 Posts
Now that is nice. For some reason the Cooper looks better than the S in EB. And in ansewer to your question - can you love a car to much, no if there's a MINI involved.

I have told my other half that if I lost my job the MINI would be absolutely the LAST thing to go after the house! :D

·
so it is.....
3,302 Posts
Nice topic.....

I'm really impressed with how the your Cooper looks in EB. Once you get the aerokit fitted it'll look dogs bollards.

I'm glad you brought this topic up cause i thought i was maybe starting to lose it, haha! I would spend the majority of my saturdays cleaning, polishing, waxing, etc. just to get this wee baby absolutely gleaming. Then i'll spend Sunday afternoon and most evenings during the week rallying round the roads, getting it dirty again. To be honest i've never travelled so far on random journeys and mini adventures as i have since i got the Cooper. It is just such a pleasure to drive and it fills you with so much confidence on the roads, it really does become an addiction.

Think i'll head out for a spin now.

Nice thread!

Lavs

·
Dooper is the dogz!
1,458 Posts
Ooooo, same here!!!! Lovin' it totally...also spend loads of time on ere, just lookin around. Am also gutted that not many people wave and flash their lights at me - tho have made one local mini friend (MC Pepper white, and black, seen loads round Morecambe/Lancaster area - who are you? Up for a bit of cat and mouse the other day, but waving and flashing at me the next. I like it!!) And, even thouoght I hate to admit it, i do drive around the car parks lookin for the least 'risk' spaces!! We've even got a car park here in LAncaster (park Safe) where the whole car park is secure and you can't get in unless you swipe yopur ticket at the door, and when you park you enter the [parking bay number into a machine which activates a sensor under the car. If the car is removed withouot the space being deactivated by the owner, then the alarms go off!! How cool?!

·
Dooper is the dogz!
1,458 Posts
Ooooo, same here!!!! Lovin' it totally...also spend loads of time on ere, just lookin around. Am also gutted that not many people wave and flash their lights at me - tho have made one local mini friend (MC Pepper white, and black, seen loads round Morecambe/Lancaster area - who are you? Up for a bit of cat and mouse the other day, but waving and flashing at me the next. I like it!!) And, even thouoght I hate to admit it, i do drive around the car parks lookin for the least 'risk' spaces!! We've even got a car park here in LAncaster (park Safe) where the whole car park is secure and you can't get in unless you swipe yopur ticket at the door, and when you park you enter the [parking bay number into a machine which activates a sensor under the car. If the car is removed withouot the space being deactivated by the owner, then the alarms go off!! How cool?!

·
World Wide Flying Ace
830 Posts
Very nice Cooper, very nice cat. :cool:
If it's possible to love it too much, the car that is, I think you're in the right place.
I'm new to ownership myself and have been through many cars over the years, but nothing has affected me like my MCS. Not even the classic mini, of which I've had four.
At least here you can own up to the obsession with like minded loonies.. :D ;)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
wibbly said:
Hahahaha

Thats a great question -- I've had my car since Good Friday and I only really get to drive it at weekends as I have a company car.... altho I do have to go out a couple of times a week 'just for a blast'

However I spend every Saturday or Sunday washing and polising it which can go on for 2, 3 or sometimes 4 hours. I spend the majority of my waking moment on here or another Mini Website, or looking at the Mini magazines looking at what I want to do to the car, or alternative websites at the accesories for it. I take countless pictures of it just for the records -- and my Wife thinks I am completely obsessed by it.

I can't let her drive me cos I'm telling her where to drive on the road, avoiding the potholes etc. She moans at me cos we park miles away from anywhere in car parks and the like, oh and of course being an S works, I drive like a lunatic according to her :D

She is starting to get to the point where it is really p******g her off :D

So Yes, I see where you are coming from :)

I thnk that our partners must be related!!! My hubby thinks I am due for certification and very soon too!! I wash Minnie, chammie her, talk to her, wave to her from the bedroom when I go to bed, etc, etc....recognise this behaviour? Help!!!!!! Have I lost the plot or am I just a mini owner who loves her car!!!!

Minnie xx

·
Original Motorer
20 Posts
Great looking car – congratulations! I’ve got an EB/W Cooper coming in September too, after being built in mid-July. In Australia, EB has been an option on a Cooper for a little while, but I haven’t seen many photos of this spec. I’d love to see more of yours when you get a chance – especially of the face-lifted innovations. How’s the Getrag gearbox? Enjoy yourself.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Your car is stunning, congratulations - No one could question why you love it as much as you do. It looks fab. I got mine at the beginning of April, and I still love it as much as the day I picked up (maybe more?) I think you just fall in love with everything that goes with owning a MINI too? I started logging on here before I ordered and it was like a support group for me until I took delivery and since then I've just been coming on here the whole time, the MINI owners on here are great, any questions you have are answered as soon as you post em, and if your stuck in work there so many websites where you can scratch the itch! Enjoy! x

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Nice looking MINI. :D

Warning though!

You may be stuck with it forever!! I toyed with selling mine for a facelifted MINI, went to put a deposite down an an "S" (what was I thinking!!!! :p ) but turned round near the dealers and even thought of buying a different car, but everytime I look or drive my MINI complete with the subtle mods I've done and everytime I catch a glimpse of it in the reflection of a shop window while driving past :p I just can't sell it!!! :confused: :D
I think I'll be the first person to keep a MINI from new for up to 2000,000 miles at this rate (as long as it stays together that long mind!)!

I've resigned myself to the fact that I can't sell it. ;)

So the answer is yes. You can love a car too much!! :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
18 Participants
AmRov
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing