MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While it seems that all Canadian MINI's are getting Xenon HID lamps with powerwash as standard, I heard that the 500 Launch Edition MINI's are not.

Is Canada not getting the 3 year or 36,000 mile (57,936.4 km) full maintenance included package that the US gets? It's mentioned three or more times in the US brochure, but not once in the Canadian brochure.

How come the US Cooper S can accelerate 0-60 mph (96.6 km/h) in 6.9 seconds, but the Canadian Cooper S does 0-100 km (62.1 mph) in 7.4 seconds. Does it really take another half second to reach the extra 2 mph? Or are they getting their facts from different sources/seperate tests?

Canada does not get the Cold Weather Package?!

A Body colour roof is stardard and black or white roof and mirror caps are "Optional extra" on the Cooper and S.

Bonnet Stripes are not included for free in the Cooper S Sport Pack. Sport Seats are not included for the Cooper.

Glass Sunroof, On-Board Computer is not included in the Premium Pack. Heated Seats and Map and Vanity Lights are.

MINI Cooper Interior is Anthracite, High Gloss as standard, Silver, High Gloss is "Optional extra".

Standard CD with BOOST.

If anyone can confirm/deny and of this, post away. If any of this really upsets you, don't freak out. Nothing is absolute until your dealer tells you (maybe not even then).
I've heard plenty of rumours that turned out to be untrue, these are just my observations from all the stuff I grabbed at the Toronto Autoshow. It even says "MINI reserves the right to revise specifications at any time, without notice".

Incidentially, while the brochures from the US/Canada appear at first to be identical, there is not one single bit of the same text. Same pictures, completely different blurb, points or comment. Odd that.

·
Registered
573 Posts
noahe,

The times quoted by BMW MINI are:

MINI UK - 0-62.5mph in 7.4secs
MINIUSA - 0-60mph in 6.9secs

The 0-62.5 mph reading is for the European bods that like their figures in KM, (62.5mph is 100 Kmh)

hence 0-100kmh

That extra 2.5 miles per hour does take a while!

Andy

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've just returned from the dealer to finalize my order for my 'S'. Perhaps I can help...

Originally posted by noahe
While it seems that all Canadian MINI's are getting Xenon HID lamps with powerwash as standard, I heard that the 500 Launch Edition MINI's are not.
This is true.

Is Canada not getting the 3 year or 36,000 mile (57,936.4 km) full maintenance included package that the US gets? It's mentioned three or more times in the US brochure, but not once in the Canadian brochure.
Canadian Mini's will include scheduled maintenance for 3 years.

Canada does not get the Cold Weather Package?!
No, but the headlight washers, heated mirrors and heated washers are standard. So, you have to add heated seats, windshield and rain sensing wipers separately to make up the US package. We're not really getting ripped off in this regard--just seems odd that we wouldn't have something called a Cold Weather Package in Canada :)

A Body colour roof is stardard and black or white roof and mirror caps are "Optional extra" on the Cooper and S.
It doesn't cost anything to choose a white or black roof/mirrors. You should refer to my post in the Cooper S forum with the Canadian Pricelist.

Bonnet Stripes are not included for free in the Cooper S Sport Pack. Sport Seats are not included for the Cooper.

Glass Sunroof, On-Board Computer is not included in the Premium Pack. Heated Seats and Map and Vanity Lights are.

MINI Cooper Interior is Anthracite, High Gloss as standard, Silver, High Gloss is "Optional extra".

Standard CD with BOOST.

Incidentially, while the brochures from the US/Canada appear at first to be identical, there is not one single bit of the same text. Same pictures, completely different blurb, points or comment. Odd that.

You're correct on all this stuff. Although, there is one glaring error in the brochure. If you choose the Gravity Leather with Lapis Blue inserts, the door panels are not the light grey that you see in the photos--they're going to be black. This worked out well for me, because I was all prepared to custom order an interior since I hated the look of the light grey door panels.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great info. Some of what you said makes me very happy. Did you drop by the dealer to finalize the details, or did they contact you? I wonder when we'll be contacted to finalize stuff.

I'll buy one regardless, but I'd be extra happy if I could test drive one first.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Mini Whitby got "S" allocation?

Hey, Shawn, does thet mean Jim has got an allocation? - Did you actually place the detailed spec. order, or were you "pre-specing" with what you got from the TO auto show.

I'm off to Budds tomorrow to talk lease options for the launch cooper...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: Mini Whitby got "S" allocation?

nwoodiwiss said:
Hey, Shawn, does thet mean Jim has got an allocation? - Did you actually place the detailed spec. order, or were you "pre-specing" with what you got from the TO auto show.
Hi Nick,

Jim doesn't have allocation. Apparantly, there is still going to be a bit of an allocation 'war' between the 3 corporate owned dealers (Durham, Downtown (Toronto), and I forget the other one). So, Jim wanted to make sure I could get in the running asap.

I'm off to Budds tomorrow to talk lease options for the launch cooper...

If I recall, residuals for the launch editions are 2yr 68%, 3yr 58%, 4yr 48%. Don't quote me on the 2 year, it's not that fresh in my memory. There's a 2% increase for 20K/yr and a 3% increase for 16K/yr. If you're getting the S later this year, I'd opt for a really low 16K/yr 2yr lease.

Shawn

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks Shawn...will use in negotiations with Budds.

Also, RBC Insurance should be coming up with quotes this week...

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: Canadian Market Rumours

Canadian Mini's will include scheduled maintenance for 3 years.
Okay, this topic has come up again... Ronster and HarryIndyBlue both have said something to the contrary. Ronster says "I have to pay for maintenance (e.g. oil changes... etc)" according to his dealer. HarryIndyBlue says "AFAIK, no free maint in Canada".

I posted this question awhile back, when I could find no reference to it in the brochure, or the website. If there is indeed free maintenance for 3 years, then you'd think they would be touting it all over the place.

So, anyone know, FOR SURE, if we get the 3 years worth of free maintenance in Canada?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Canadian Market Rumours

noahe said:

So, anyone know, FOR SURE, if we get the 3 years worth of free maintenance in Canada?
I asked when I picked up my Launch, and the answer was an affirmative "NO". However, as nice as my dealer was, he wasn't 100% smooth when it came to delivery.

I ended up getting #308 instead of #32 because they "dropped off" the car at Durham instead of Downtown. Not my dealer's fault, but I wish they would have rectified the problem rather than us settling on #308.

A small thing, but there were other inconsistencies.

Derrick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts