MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
I heard the news last week.

It's almost certain the Candy Blue colour I love so much will never see a prouction car.

Sob.
That's too bad - it reminded me of Surf Blue a color found on early classic Minis.

If someone had nice deep pockets, they could always buy a Pepper White MINI and take it to a body shop to be painted Candy Blue (or any other non-standard color for that matter). ;) It sure would make your MINI stand out from the crowd at a MINI meet.

·
Registered
451 Posts
My condolences to you Paul!

But if it would make you feel any better you could buy one of these as a consolation:

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Will there be another colour to replace it :confused: :confused: Or do they have other colours apart from Pepper White & Velvet Red in the pipe line :confused: :confused: :) :)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
But there are new colours in the pipeline, and I have already spoken to MINI UK about some (more) exclusive pictures of those too.
OOOOOOOh no, your not planning to keep us waiting for the pictures again are you :D :D :D :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Don't talk to me, I'm too distressed.
Paul,

I have scientifically determined why you long for a Candy Blue MINI. :) It all has to do with a life-changing event that happened to you in late March of 2001. Think back....

http://www.mini2.com/news/news.php?id=19

Like a baby bird imprinting when seeing its mother for the first time, you have imprinted upon the site of a rare Candy Blue MINI.

Now, nothing else will do. Scarred for life you are. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
Well, there is that....

But it is a lurverly colour....

Sob...

:)
There's a pre-series Candy Blue MINI Cooper used around Plant Oxford by the Facilities Management team. The colour would suit sunnier climes such as LA or Spain, but in the UK I don't think it's the best colour choice. Mind you, it certainly turns heads! :D

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
god that post was nearly a year ago now!!!

bet this year has flown by for u Paul seeing all the developments taking shape

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
R.I.P Candy Blue
You only had a short life
You'll be sorely missed

:( :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Let me join you in mourning the passing of the Candy Blue - I also loved that colour, but I'd pretty much resigned myself to choosing something else in view of the fact that it wasnt going to appear in the catalogue anytime soon.

No doubt they'll replace it with that Gold abomination, or another shade of metallic silver/green (YAWN)

·
Registered
448 Posts
I understand that they can only offer so many colours, and there are probably sound financial reasons for only offering a couple of non-metallic shades, but at the moment you have a choice of red (too common), black (looks like a hearse) or yellow (too garish for many people).

A wider choice of non-metallic shades might not be a bad thing, and Candy Blue might have appealed to certain segments of the market (certainly all of the pastel shades that the new Beetle is available in hasn't hurt its sales).

So definately put my name down on that petition.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Yeah!... More solids

What about a darkish leafy green. Most suitable for motorsports. In the UK, as it were

1 - 20 of 29 Posts