MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

I ordered my MCS October 3rd, Hyper-blue/Black w/ bonnet stripes. But then I read the Car & Driver test with the BRG/Black and wow that looks nice... that was a close 2nd choice...very close .. and then there's PW/B... UGH!!!

I'm so confused on which way to go....

In an un-related question - how long does it generally take for your car to go from "On Order" to "Scheduled for Production"? I think it should be a November build from what MINI Peabody said, but the waiting is killing me :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Relax, it will be about 6-8 weeks before you get your car.
As for the color...
In Atlanta is seems everyone has a PW MC. I've seen a couple of black ones as well.

I got a LY/B stripes on the way. It will be here in about a week, (on a ship as we speak).

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Tricky

BRG/Blk is nice but LY/Blk is better.

That any help? :D

S:yeblack:
(if it's any help I ordered my S in August and it is being built in November)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeap....

I know I had the same issue with color selection between DSBLK and PWBLK; I ended up with DSBLK.

What made my selection easier:
1. I really wanted the black leather seats with red clothe.
2. The PW over shines in our South Florida Sun light. It basically blinds you when you
look at it but, it is clean and elegant at night.

All I can say about the production status is that it seems to be updated on Sundays.
This goes for both the web-site and ASK-MINI. I also ordered my Mini the first week of October, October 4th because the system was down on Sunday the 3rd.

It took an entire week to get passed the ordered status and first thing the following Monday it had changed to Production is scheduled with no definite production date available. It has sat in this state all week and must likely it will not change until this
coming Monday.

Oh well,

Best Regards,
:dsblack:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All

Ordered mine on the 3rd, but wasn't in the system until the 4th either. Still only shows "On Order", but I'll check on Monday again.

M_C Thanks for the link pics!! Seeing them in similar light really makes the HB stand out.. I'll stay with that one, my original instinct, thanks :D

Patients .. must learn patients.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts