MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

So, I own a 2012 Mini R60 (Countryman) S All4 Manual. Now, the problem is that there is no check engine light.

1. On cold start, the odometer or the other one (don't know the name) jumps a bit, like going up and then down, in the end, it comes down.
2. When I release the gas pedal and car flows itself SOMETIMES the half engine light comes up. Once restarted it goes away.
3. While accelerating, the car somehow stops? I mean it losses power but for a half a second or something like that.
4. The engine or the Turbo eats oil.
5. While just standing and the car is on, it somehow vibrating? don't know the correct name. not too much but i feel it.
I think that's it.

Can you please advise? this car is killing me.

Sorry, my native language isn't English.

P.S No warranty.

Thanks in advance,
David

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi David, From your description, it would be virtually impossible to diagnose online, by that I mean there's so much going on. The quickest solution would indeed be a qualified hands-on inspection
Sorry that's not much help but the first port of call is have the check engine light (half engine light) checked with a diagnostic machine, then start looking at the oil consumption issue. They could be related, but I doubt it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts