MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No yellow.red.black,purple,silver,British racing green. or Astro black.
All nice colors just not my choice.
So below are what I am considering and would need your input. ;)

I have looked and made decision after decision as to the paint color and interior of my Cabrio.
Cool blue felt comfortable but the blue leather was not a choice I want. Had leather before, just don't want in my seats.And leatherette get so hot in Florida you can't sit on it if the is down. Live in Hot Sunny climate..
After some time I felt I wanted a more "in your face" color.

Next, was the orange Cabrio with Sunrise Orange/cloth. Its a great color, again I have it in the back of my mind but still not convinced.
This orange Cabrio is far out and the upholstery is a complimentary match.

Next, I went to my original color that I had seen months ago-Hyper Blue- Also a great color and I was considering it my choices. Mini has not offered upholstery that matches as do the others.
So here is my problem, what interior cloth or cloth/leather combo do I order.

!.Space cloth, it looks alright,doesn't rock my boat but it does match all the silver accents in the mini S . steering wheel, down-tubes etc.and the black cloth accents the exterior black trim.
2. And one that I must say from the beginning, I would have never considered this color with HB Cabrio.or anything but a red car.

TARTON RED/leather... Am I nuts? My thoughts was that the red (wish it was lighter)
would define my car and seems to enhance the Hyper Blue more that the Space cloth.
I know that the Tartan cloth may not be the acceptable answer for most.
Some of my friends tell me it is a poor choice, just can't seem to put it out of my mind.
Tarton RED and HypreBlue
So, am I crazy.
What to do?

·
its all good
13 Posts
hot orange rules

here in houston, ive had hot orange for 6 weeks, top down every day (it never rains here) been from 75 to 95 , the sunrise interior with body color dash, is so unique to any other car out there, and get all the chrome (in and out) must get heated seats-best option and enjoy!!!!!!! i have 6 coats of Zaino, the shine is all good!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.Hot orange.orange.
Enough ;) I did say:
Its a great color, again I have it in the back of my mind but still not convinced.
This orange Cabrio is far out and the upholstery is a complimentary match.
What about Hyper Blue and Tarton Red cloth/leather?
\Nhot not one opinion. Isn't ther one auto decorator :D that has an opinion?

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Not too sure about HB and the red. Having said that I have ordered HB/cordoba beige. So my opinion may not be the best.... :eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[B]washy[/B] Not too sure about HB and the red. Having said that I have ordered HB/cordoba beige. So my opinion may not be the best..

I agree with your opinion. In fact I think it is the BEST choice for the H/B Cabrio.
Cordoba beige leather is the perfect match. I'm still having a problem with leather.
There are three reasons.
1. I live in Florida>>Sun and more Sun. Won't the leather dry out and fade?
And it may get very hot after sitting in the sun
2..Last time I purchase the leather option on my MINI (2002)I I was disapointed in the quality.
Maybe it has changed.
3. And the last is the price $1300 price tag.

To be honest with myself it is not the $ cost but numbers 1. and 2..

How about Tarten Red? :D

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
TURB CAB said:
I agree with your opinion. In fact I think it is the BEST choice for the H/B Cabrio.
Cordoba beige leather is the perfect match. I'm still having a problem with leather.
There are three reasons.
1. I live in Florida>>Sun and more Sun. Won't the leather dry out and fade?
And it may get very hot after sitting in the sun
2..Last time I purchase the leather option on my MINI (2002)I I was disapointed in the quality.
Maybe it has changed.
3. And the last is the price $1300 price tag.

To be honest with myself it is not the $ cost but numbers 1. and 2..

How about Tarten Red? :D
Take your point about the heat and agree also about the quality, not the best leather ever to find it's way into a car.

Just not sure about the red with the blue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts