MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've changed to winter time from daylight saving time. So…time to change the clocks. BUT…
My 2016 (F55) Cooper S (no Mini Connected) has 2 clocks. One on the center dial which can be adjusted by using the center dial menu (Settings/Time-Date). No problem.

But the clock that is important is the one on the "Instrument Cluster" that appears just above the temperature. THERE IS NO WAY TO ADJUST THIS!
The Owner's Manual p. 67 is opaque. It says "The time is displayed in the instrument cluster. Setting the time on the radio, refer to page 73." The first sentence gives no way to adjust the one on the Instrument Cluster. The second sentence is for the center dial (radio) clock. Changing that does not change the Instrument Cluster one.

I have a 2016 4 door Cooper S hardtop (changed from my 2002 model).

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Time to ring or visit your dealer that is a fault. Make sure you have the ignition on but when you alter the time in the centre dispay you should see the time in the speedo alter at exactly the same time. I just did this on my F56 to check that is correct.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SteveM3: Thank you for checking this! I have now solved the problem I was having. I must have been changing the time on the center display, but having done so I pressed "back". This does not confirm the changed time but instead deletes it. I should have pressed the right-hand knob first. This fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts