MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I can't wait until the 21st Jan 05, cause that's when I pick up my new MINI ONE !! HOORAH !!

I'm now running out friends and family to bore to death, so I thought I'd start on you lot :)

Her vital statistics are listed below:

Electric Blue;
16'' 7 spoke FIN alloys;
Chrome-Line Exterior;
Chromed Mirror Caps;
Rear Spoiler;
Darkened Glass;
Chrome-Line Interior;
Interior Trim, Alloy Patina;
Cockpit Chrono Package;

Figured I may as well have a higher spec MINI ONE, than a lower spec MINI COOPER.

Do you think I 've done the right thing? I nearly went for the wood effect interior (What was I thinking?)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY MINI'ing !!

the-001

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice spec I see you have gone for looks rather than toys!
I personally would have added AC and maybe ASC+T

but other than that it will be a quality motor.
Something to look forward to is the New 54/05 Ones seem to be a fair bit faster due to the new gearbox.

·
Registered
15 Posts
the-001 said:
Hello everyone,

I can't wait until the 21st Jan 05, cause that's when I pick up my new MINI ONE !! HOORAH !!

I'm now running out friends and family to bore to death, so I thought I'd start on you lot :)

Her vital statistics are listed below:

Electric Blue;
16'' 7 spoke FIN alloys;
Chrome-Line Exterior;
Chromed Mirror Caps;
Rear Spoiler;
Darkened Glass;
Chrome-Line Interior;
Interior Trim, Alloy Patina;
Cockpit Chrono Package;

Figured I may as well have a higher spec MINI ONE, than a lower spec MINI COOPER.

Do you think I 've done the right thing? I nearly went for the wood effect interior (What was I thinking?)

HAPPY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY MINI'ing !!

the-001
Definately should have gone for AC from a resale (and comfort) perspective..but great car all the same...

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Congrats mate and welcome! I didn't get AC and I don't really regret it but I know what people mean for resale. I'm not worried about that!

Need to photos in the new year!

I drove my whole family, friends and work mates completely nuts with my purchase enough for them to stop talking to me! However I have obviously persuaded 6 of them to want to buy a mini, my sisters got one now, my mum wants one, 2 of my boyfirend's aunties want one or have bought one and two of my mates want a mini! Mad isn't it!

Such a trend setter!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry - Forget to mention the other toys:

Manual A/C
Sports Suspension
Sports Seats
Heated Mirror / Washer Jets
Single CD Player
CD Changer Boot Mount
Harman Kardon Hi-Fi

I did consider the ASC+T (Didn't have a clue what it was though?) + My budget kinda went a bit out of the window.

I'm toying with the idea of the retro-fit chrome exhaust - Any had it fitted?.. and does make much difference to the car (Cosmetically / Drive wise?)

Another question.... Is it ever possible to go over the top with a MINI ONE (Something inside tells me there's something missing :)

Any other fairly inexpensive ideas welcome.

the-001

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Hi the-001, and welcome to MINI2!

I was in the same position as you this time last year when I was waiting for my MINI One. I picked it up on 1st February and it was the happiest day of my life!

I definitely think you've done the right thing with regards to getting a One over a Cooper. You've got a very nice spec there - more so than if you'd chosen a Cooper. Also, you can always buy a OneClick or similar product at a later date to bring the One up to Cooper performance for just a few hundred pounds. That said, you may not even feel the need to do so.

If there's one thing I wish I'd got on my MINI that I didn't, it's the Salt pack. I feel that this is a must for any MINI One at £300. You may want to consider the Pepper pack, which will cost you £700, but includes 15" alloys (I believe you can pay a little extra to upgrade to the 16"), chrome line exterior, as well as lots of other goodies. Rememer, if you were to go for the Pepper pack, although it would cost £700, you can knock off the price of the wheels (almost) and chrome line exterior. But, it would be understandable if you didn't want to spend that much, but still consider the Salt as I feel it gives the One the few bits and pieces that it deserves! For full details of what is included in the Salt and Pepper packs, have a look on www.mini.co.uk.

Also, you didn't mention whether you were going to get TLC. This is a must at £100!

With regards to your later questions, ASC+T is the traction control system, which can come in useful if it's icey or severely wet to minimise skidding, etc. To be honest, most people get it so they have a full line of switches (because if you do not get ASC+T, there is a switch missing). However, I don't have it and I'm not that bothered.

When you talk of the chrome exhaust, do you mean the tailpipe trim? If so, many people have retro-fitted it. You just have to saw off the rolled end of the exhaust, and slide it into place. I suppose it does improve the appearance, but definitely not performance or driveability in any way as it's only a trim and not a replacement exhaust. You're better off to save up for a nice stainless steel cat-back system, such as the PlayMini. You have all these joys to come! ;)

Once again, congratulations and I look forward to seeing some pictures in late January!

:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks -

I have already added the Pepper Pack - I was going to go for the 3-spoke leather wheel and upgrade the alloys anyway, so it kinda made sense to go for the Pepper pack. TLC also added @ £100 what a bargain!!

I was originally going to order the same spec as my current MINI ONE, except something inside told me to go for the max I could afford.

Guess the Mini / MINI has always had me smitten - I always wanted the original Mini, so it's no suprise my normally tight wallet is never open wide enough when it comes to the new MINI.

Not only is MINI a visually striking car to look at, with its curvy lines and retro flavour; The BMW group have also done a sterling job (no pun intended) taking an Alec Issigonis classic into the 21st century.

When I pick her up (and work out how to post pics) I will certainly be sharing some photos.

mmmmm.....Not long now??

Matt (Here to stay?)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Well now you've confirmed you already have the Pepper pack and TLC, it would seem you've thought of everything and have an excellent spec!

I look forward to seeing the outcome.

:)

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
And of course ,with that pepper pack you get your chrome tipped exhaust.I did the same as you with regards to a better specced ONE rather than a COOPER with a a couple of options,well actually i've done it twice.I did debate the COOPER a little more this time but i still kept looking at the options list knowing i wanted as much as possible(budget allowing) so i opted for the ONE.I briefly debated a MCS but i would have had to have it bog standard and although after having one as a courtesy car i did want one ,i wasn't that keen on the fuel consumption,having said that my ONE only averages 30mpg.Congrats on the order,hope the time doesn't drag too much(but i know it will),but it seems to make it that extra bit special,the fact that its being built especially for you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep!! - Can't get MINI off my brain.

Is their a MINIaholic group out their?? - I JUST CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HER !!

Been on www.mini.co.uk site (Again).......

Chrome tailpipe - Must have.
White indicators - Possibly?
Clear look bulbs for front lights - Possibly?
Bonnet Stripes / Roof design - Can't picture on EB/EB?....Any pictures around here to help me decide?

Thanks for the advice and encouragement.

HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL :)

Matt

Ps. Don't forget to treat your MINI ONE to something special this Christmas !!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Take a look in my gallery. I have white indicators, and IMO, these are a must! I also have the clear front indicator bulbs. Again, pictures in the gallery. :cool:

As for bonnet stripes, I'd say no on a MINI One due to the roof being the body colour. I do like some roof designs, but IMO, on an electric blue MINI, there's no need as it's striking enough! ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
As your having the pepper pack you might as well spec the MFSW. cruise control and radio controls I personally would not bother with the sports suspension. As you are having the 16's the handling should be pretty good and the sports suspension in my opinion makes the ride a lot worse on 70% of the UK roads. It was on the car I test drove. But if you think its worth it go for it. We pay all this road tax and most of the roads are full of pot holes! I have found the AST+T has been working quite a bit recently with the greesy roads this time of year so I am glad I added it
As zyo mentioned chrome tail pipe is included.
zyo how you are only managing to get 30mpg I am getting over 40 mpg and have only filled the car up 3 times so I am hoping for that to improve when the engine is run in a bit more. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Sebby,

That's one nice motor :)

Did you have the lights fitted at the time of purchase or retro? How difficult / expensive are the rear lights to add retro?

I think your right with regards to the bonnet / roof - I am starting to look at every detail too much. I could always add them later if need be. Can't believe that when I 1st saw EB on a Cooper S I hated it - how things change?

Matt :)

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Thanks Matt! :)

I fitted them myself in the summer. Unfortunately, you won't be able to get them for your MINI as they don't fit the '05 model. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Speedsman,

Too late - Order already finalised, so no more factory changes (Only Retro).

Does the 3 spoke leather s/wheel come with MFSW (All the pictures I have seen seem to show extra buttons :confused: ?)

Zyo,

Good to hear that the Chrome tailpipe is already included (BONUS!!)

Your right time does drag - but I'm sure it will be worth it :)

Matt

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
The three spoke wheel is available with the multi function or without.I think cos you have the pepper pack the upgrade for the three spoke is about £60 and the multi function ontop of that from memory is £160 i think.

Speedsman,i live in Telford which is island followed by a couple of hundred meters of Tarmac followed by another island followed by another couple of hundred meters of Tarmac(you get the picture) 99% of my mileage is done in this environment all short journeys of between 2 and 5 miles mostly,so i suppose its about right.I'm sure i've read that its supposed to do 29. something to the gallon in just the urban cycle so that would confirm it.Lets just hope that the new turbo engined 2007 MINI thats featured in Autocar is a little better on the fuel with its new engine.

·
Joy!
1,333 Posts
tell you what i have not seen, but what i think would look cool...White viper stripes on a EB/EB...look mint...i think so?

Congrats on the order again, as for MINIaholics...welcome to the party pal :D

This is quite possibly the best place to keep you entertained while you're waiting, but u should soon find that out anyhow. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Matty,

Viper stripes - That's one option I hadn't thought about :D

If only I had a picture of them on EB/EB :confused:

How about silver Viper stripes on EB/EB? I'm quite taken with the white Vipers, but not too sure if silver would go any better with the chrome?

Well I'm definetly going to purchase the 'shark grill vents'!! Do these include the white bulbs? I've found a site called www.coolnew.co.uk & may give them a try (unless advised otherwise).

That will be the end of any further mods (For now) :D

Any comments welcome

Matt

......24 days to go :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.