MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
schnitzer
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone uprated thier audio in the convertable yet?

im planning 2x audiobahn 12" subs, ported, and infinity components in the front, and infinity coaxes in the back... and 3 amps to run it all

then mould a screen in, and were away!

(wasnt sure weather to drop this in convertable or audio section)

tom.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Had an infinity bass link installed right after I picked her up. I had it in my previous MINI, but it sounds so much better with the HK system.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
Sounds great, except for a few rattles in the dash/passenger door which I will eventually have taken care of. I mainly use my ipod in the car and the sound is great through the bass link. I only wish the volume button I had for it in the old MINI didn't break, because I would have had it installed in this one as well. It was nice to be able to adjust the bass depending on what type of music I was listening to. Oh and the back license plate rattles too, but I am gonna put some dynamat under it, so it stops.

·
Registered
437 Posts
2005 MCSC passenger door rattle - HK stereo

This was very noticeable with volumes turned up high. The problem is the passenger door panel was several millimeters away from the door itself along the bottom.

This is why if you hear the rattle and press the door panel below the lower speaker, the rattle stops.

I was reluctant to pull the door panel off to fix it, but I came up with a good solution that works.

In the 'gap' between the lower door panel and the metal of the door, I applied regular plumber's putty. This was applied very easily and cleans up without a problem. So the 'gap' is now filled with putty that cannot be seen.

Now the door panel is isolated from the metal and the rattle is gone. I had originally tried to jam felt in that gap, which worked, but it fell out of position quickly. Plumber's putty doesn't harden, so if you ever had to take the door panel off, it would be no problem.

·
schnitzer
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i should be starting my install after christmas, and hopefully done before feb.

(it should kick ass ;) )

ill keep you guys posted ;)

tom

·
Deserter Zed
2,204 Posts
arnt u lot fighting an uphill battle??

sure your system may b loud but gettin it clear will b a major problem, seen as the lack or ne kind of roof tends to scupper the acoustics, so while u like the pounding base the laydee 3 streets down might not!! ha ha

·
schnitzer
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea but i got a source on some audiobahn 12s.

also about the softtop, the bass will sound crappy with roof down. but should sound ok with it up.

hehe,

tom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts