MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Powered by VPower
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car going in for fixes-then get letter 2 days later - "Routine maintenance check"

I phoned my dealer to book the MCC in for some fixes and going in this week(roof ratlles-above passengers side,fading roof:mad: ,gap where seal meats roof, twisted seatbelts to name but a few) . Two days later I get a letter offering a routine maintenance check for £30.50+vat(for 1/2 hr). Is that a **** take?

Bought MCC begining of July 04 and decided to wait a while so all the problems(rattles etc)come out, then get them fixed at in one go. Wanted to enjoy my MCC throughout the summer(or should I have got problems fixed straight away as and when they arose?:confused: ).

Shouldnt the Dealer check these things as part of routine when it goes in to get the rattles sorted,considering I paid under £18,000 for the car?:confused: or dont the dealership's give a toss and cream us for what they can?

P,s Still love the car,its a dream to drive.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My seat beat material is twisted as well, picked mine up on Thursday. I'm just going to twist the material around myself when I get a moment. Haven't noticed any other faults so far, touch wood!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Yah, mine is twisted too, only on the driver side...anyone tried twisting this to normal position themselves. Seems like it would be difficult...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Min'e also going in for a fix - condensation inside headlight, speedo and rev not mounted squarely on steering column, windows don't drop completely on auto roof open, under-door lights come on when they feel like it, backfiring at slow speeds....
otherwise a joy!

·
Registered
401 Posts
mines

Mine is twisted on the passenger side and rocks against the wall and sounds bad. I'm forced to hook the passenger seat belt when no one is in it.

·
Tigergreen
21 Posts
teddyx said:
Min'e also going in for a fix - condensation inside headlight, speedo and rev not mounted squarely on steering column, windows don't drop completely on auto roof open, under-door lights come on when they feel like it, backfiring at slow speeds....
otherwise a joy!
Teddy X

Hope you realise that if you have the Xenon Lights then condensation is normal...it disappears when in motion. The backfiring is the "exhaust cackle" specifically for the MCSC. You will find this when lifting yout foot off the pedal...and most of us think this is fantastic!

Enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts