MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Mini One 2007. In the last year, the following problems have started:
  • Whenever I unlock the car, the alarm goes off - I have to put the key fob into the ignition for it to go off.
  • The key fob doesn't work, neither does the duplicate. I unlock the car by removing the internal silver key from the key fob. BMW have said they might have to spend 3 hours of chargeable time to figure out what the problem is, and even then they might not. It's not one of those where the key fob can be opened and the battery replaced.

Can anyone help?

I'm frustrated with BMW's lack of help. I think there is a problem with the electrics. Grateful for any help, this is driving me mad

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
good old bmw making money again 3 hours to work out that you need a new key fob battery a battery you can get replaced on ebay they cut key open and solder on new rechargeable battery and post it back to you link below, or if feeling brave could just buy the battery and do it your self,
repair service best option i think,
DIY repair kit
the fob works the alarm system not the key as such,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good old bmw making money again 3 hours to work out that you need a new key fob battery a battery you can get replaced on ebay they cut key open and solder on new rechargeable battery and post it back to you link below, or if feeling brave could just buy the battery and do it your self,
repair service best option i think,
DIY repair kit
the fob works the alarm system not the key as such,
Thank you Mike, BMW are terrible. I think someone said this keyfob can't be replaced like this, but I'll look have a look at the links you've attached.
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
8,572 Posts
yes it can i have done it hundreds of times never failed unless fob has been damaged say, bmw sell brand new keys to order for £130

1 - 5 of 5 Posts