MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my MINI Cooper Diesel for 18 months with no faults - until yesterday. I parked my car, switched off the engine, removed the ignition key, got out of the car and then tried to open the boot. The boot was locked, as was the rest of the car. I tried opening the car with both the remote fob and the key but couldn't open the car. I gave up and when I came back 20 minutes later, I could open the car normally.

Since then, I have noticed that when I stop the car, the doors unlock as usual. When I close the drivers door, the car automatically locks itself and remains both locked and unresponsive whilst the alarm arms itself for about 1 minute.

I tried disabling the auto-locking function so that the car doors do not lock themselves when driving but this has not made any difference.

Any ideas? I don't fancy spending ages going back and forth to MINI dealers as I am quite busy at work at the moment.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
Did you ever solve this problem pbarclay? I've started having precisely the same issue with my 2002 Cooper.
If he did he didn't tell lol. You could try and pop the door card panel and disconnect the wiring to the actuator to see if it solves the problem. If so then this may be where the problem is?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of this, my son has just bought a 2007 mini one and has this exact problem. When he get's out of the car after driving and shuts the drivers door it immediately locks all the doors. He then can't get back into the car for 2-3 minutes via remote, it won't work at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts