5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great article in this months CAR magazine here in the UK. Group test of:

New Golf GTi Turbo
Civic Type R
Renault Megan 220bhp
Mini Cooper S Works 210bhp

:D :D

"The mini wins - Its rewarding to drive , good value ( :eek: ), loaded with character and insanly quick.... despite the cutsey looks this is a serious piece of performance kit"

Put it this way, despite 4 great cars, the journalists almost end up fighting to decide who drives the Mini home at the end of the group test.....

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parc77 said:
Nearly bought that issue today but sometimes the mag is a bit lacking (prefer evo) but hopefully it will convince me and the other half that pondering on swapping the S for an S works makes perfect sence :D im off to Tescos :D

I know what you mean, but this is the 'performance issue', and I saw the mini article and didn't have enough time to read it in WHSmiths!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks! Car is one of my favorite magazines. We get it a little late in the bookstores in the US but I'll look for it.

Mark

·
Take me to a corner..
399 Posts
I used to buy evo religiously every month since issue 3 or 4 I think (frist year at uni), then had a subscription for three years, but then started to buy Car every month too since about 3 years ago. I've now stopped buying evo and still get Car every month - I'll still buy evo if its a good issue (next months should be ECOTY??) but it just doesn't compare to how they used to be.... I even prefer the photography in Car these days.

Although evo still pick the best roads - my run used two from the the "evo triangle"... :)

Was a good review in that mag - I liked the part about leaving thick black lines on the road! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts