MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK based CAR magazine have made the MINI Cooper their CAR of the year. They are also offering the chance to win a MINI One.

Its only their opinion but its nice to see even more positive praise for the MINI.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just so we MINI One owners or potential owners don't feel like the poor relations, note that it's the MINI (One and Cooper) - not just the Cooper - which wins Car of the Year!

Sorry - Pedant is my middle name... ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry mate, only glanced through the article in WHSmiths!

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
#10 on EVO Car of the Year list

This was posted in another messageboard I frequently visit:

The rankings are done on track and road driving with the following criteria Involvement, Excitement, Character, Tactility, Spirit and Specialness with each car being marked out of 100. Full list as follows:

1 Pagani Zonda C12S (90.1)
2 BMW M3 Coupe (88)
3 Lamborghini Murcielago (86.3)
4 TVR Tamora (85.3)
5 Porsche 911 Carrera (84.6)
6 Lotus Elise S2 (84.2)
7 Aston Martin Vanquish (83.8)
8 Ruf R Turbo (83.4)
9 Mitsubishi Evo VII (82.1)
10 Mini Cooper (79.6)
11 Renault Clio 172 (78.6)
12 Mercedes SL 500 (75.4)

Very happy to see the Mini Cooper make it to the Top 10 considering the serious competition! :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
EVO mag

I also noticed that the MINI looks like it will feature on a free CDROM featuring the car of the year tests in next months EVO mag. ;)

I also noticed in the car of the year write up in EVO that one of the test drivers said,
quote:

"On one downhill section I was in the (BMW) M3 and Dickie was following in the MINI and there was nothing I could do to shake him off. That shouldn't happen!!"

Power is nothing without controll! ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Re: EVO mag

R1 said:
I also noticed that the MINI looks like it will feature on a free CDROM featuring the car of the year tests in next months EVO mag. ;)

I also noticed in the car of the year write up in EVO that one of the test drivers said,
quote:

"On one downhill section I was in the (BMW) M3 and Dickie was following in the MINI and there was nothing I could do to shake him off. That shouldn't happen!!"

Power is nothing without controll! ;)
Ahh, roll on May/June 2002...... By the way R1 your MINI looks fantastic. Personaly the Black Roof with the Silver bodywork is the best combination and I think I am close to going down the same path with my "S". Black with the Australian sun is a problem, but maybe if i stick a sunroof in it that will reduce the amount of black paintwork....lol.

I know it's off the subject but do you happen to know how much extra weight the sun-roof adds to the car ?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
sorry if this is a bit old, but I finally have the chance to get a copy of CAR which feature the MINI as the car of the year. Its so nice to see its award especially after reading through the article and seeing the porsche GT2, bmw M3, , 330D, vauxhall vx220, alfa 147, volvo S60 and audi A2 among such a competitive list. For those who haven't seen the article, I highly suggest you to go out and get a copy

I can't wait until I get to own and drive one! :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Car of the year.

In the AutoExpress mag, the MINI vote for Car of the Year was by the readers of the mag and the website.
Acording to Auto Express, "MINI was the runaway winner polling over a third of the votes!! The MINI now goes on to the European Auto 1 track and road test final, where it will take on other national new car champions chosen by readers of Auto Express's sister magazines." :D

NO PROBLEM! ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Odd how the Peugeot 307 and not the MINI has won the European car of the year. Guess the journalists that vote in that can't enjoy driving and have no sense of style.

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
InsiderMINI said:
Odd how the Peugeot 307 and not the MINI has won the European car of the year. Guess the journalists that vote in that can't enjoy driving and have no sense of style.
According to Autocar, the voting journalists either put the MINI at the top of their list or much further down the list - that is they either loved or hated the car. (The same applied to that other hotly tipped favourite the Honda Civic.) The Peugeot won simply because more people placed it second or third on their list - fewer people put the Peugeot top of the list than either the MINI or the Civic.

·
Registered
309 Posts
it's a great car

all the positive press backs up my opinion that this is a great car and that we shouldn't become short sighted just because there are some teething problems. what they only happen to the MINI.

The cooper is so much fun to drive and though not lightning fast is hard to keep to the legal limit. Ferraris and lambos are great but the MINI is a drivers best mate!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts