MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spoken to my dealer (Car due 1st March) and he reckons that the problem has now been cured? although he did not know what

He reckoned that the problem occured on cars fitted with larger wheels, i have the 17"'s, but he assures me no problem.

I have also now ordered the clear repeaters and rear lights and the CD Multichanger for the boot as not having a glove box is going to be a nightmare for storing music!!

Mini buying is sooooo addictive and I just cannot wait get mine:D :D :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
ELISEBOY said:

He reckoned that the problem occured on cars fitted with larger wheels, i have the 17"'s, but he assures me no problem.
Find that hard to believe - mine has the standard wheels and veers... However, a conversation with my local Service Manager did suggest that some BMWs fitted with "non-standard" wheels would veer - I suggest that your Dealer is basing his opinion on that.

Still, I'm meeting the man from BMW AG tomorrow, so I'll comment then...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
No my 15" wheels suffer badly if you see the latest What Car it says it is not cured the only interesting thing is that no ONE owners have reported any problems!

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
You guys should read What Car. I thought that they were on to something by thinking the One is not affected.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got the 16" wheels on mine and when I complained about the pull I got the excuse that all MINI's do this to some degree and that the 16" / SS+ setup is especially vulnerable. Helpful eh? :mad:

Anyway, I didn't buy that one and so I've written to customer services. Here's hoping I'm worthy of a reply.

This has definitely put me off ordering the S!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
No pulling to the left

Folks

Week 50 build Mini Cooper with 17" wheels and SS+...

and guess what, IT DOESN'T PULL TO THE LEFT!!:D

The steering is very direct and the handling very responsive, but the steering is neutral and does not track either left or right with hands off the wheel. I have tried motorways, A and B roads. The result is the same.

I hope those people with the problem have it solved.

For those who don't have a MINI yet, don't let it stop you ordering ONE (or a Cooper/Cooper S)!!:D

·
Registered
84 Posts
March

Well, following my comments earlier about meeting the man from BMW tomorrow, my dealer has just 'phoned me to advise that a fix is going to be available in March.

He's suggested that I don't need to attend the meeting tomorrow, but I'm not so sure...

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
I would attend it! When in March would that be? Is it definite?

·
Registered
59 Posts
My cooper with 17's and SS+ driving straight and true - sounds as if our one was built around the same time as Gary's one (stamped December build under the bonnet), maybe they have a fix and they are just not admitting it :confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Our car was pulling left. It has been on the KDS machine and in for the suspension work. It is now driving as straight as you could expect. Dealer did mention swapping wheels around as well ????

·
Registered
906 Posts
ALL ONES pull to the left! I'll go to meet the BMW guy. Save me a place in the queue!

Don't say I nevetr warned you all about the left pull.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Apial said:
ALL ONES pull to the left! I'll go to meet the BMW guy. Save me a place in the queue!

Don't say I nevetr warned you all about the left pull.
Good luck with the meeting. I hope that you can get a fix sorted out.

I would be interested to hear what BMW say about the left pull - why some cars have it and others don't?

Cheers

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
jcuthell said:
You guys should read What Car. I thought that they were on to something by thinking the One is not affected.
I have driven a Mini One that suffered badly from the 'pull'. It had standard wheels as well.

LMB:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Collected my Week 49 build Cooper with 16' wheels and SS+ on the same day as Garry. It does pull slightly to the left, unfortunately. It's not that noticeable in town, but out on the motorway there is a definite drift to the left. I would of course like to get it fixed, but it is not that annoying (yet). Haven't contacted the dealer about it yet, but I will do so this week.

Let's hope that the fix comes sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Oh! that bloody pull to the left

Told very recently by the dealer/supplier of my SECOND MINI, (rejected the first one,) that the problem with the "pull" to the left has been rectified by BMW in Germany and affected cars will be recalled in the first quater of this year, (when it happens I will believe it) I was told to expect two letters to return both cars for repair????.
Incidentally he also told me that the sound proofing on cars built after october had undergone a major overhaul, this seems to be true, my new car is much quieter far less road noise.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I test-drove a ONE today - I'm guessing it's a recent build, as it had under 70 miles on the clock and I'd put about 8 of them there!

On the dual carriageway, at speed, no sign of drift, pull, or wander whatsoever. At slower speed on "normal" roads, it had a slight but perceptable drift to the left - guess what, guys? That's the &*&%%%^ road camber!

There might be something in the idea that the ONE's suspension doesn't have a problem, Sports Suspension does, and the Sports Suspension PLus of the S doesn't either - after all, those are three different setups.

You want to know what a car feels like when it *pulls* to the left, come and have a go in my Rover Mini - the muscles in my right arm are 2" bigger than the left one! Of course, by the time you get here for me to show you, chances are my Mini has broken something (it was a 1-litre of oil weekend, only broke down the once, and my RAC no-claims bonus for 2002 lasted all of 12 days! Because of a fault I'd *told* the Rover mechanics to fix last Wednesday, and they'd assured me that there was no problem! Took the RAC man 2 minutes to diagnose and 10 minutes to fix, and he didn't charge me £200 either! Oh, and don't get me started on the misfiring that they couldn't find during the service. Rant? You bet. You MINI drivers with faults don't know how lucky you are. I could go on for pages about broken gearboxes (4), alternators (5), etc etc etc. But that would all be way off topic. So I won't. Just to say, if my MINI has squeaky seats - unlikely, as BMW say they've solved the problem - I'll be positively ecstatic that it's *almost* perfect. And not a Rover.)

·
Registered
235 Posts
My dealer is insistent that they have only seen cars without SS+ which pull to the left, and are very open about their demostrator Mini ONE having the problem. Didn't mention a fix though. Probably saying that to try and reassure me cos mine's a chili though!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: Oh! that bloody pull to the left

MINZRED said:
Told very recently by the dealer/supplier of my SECOND MINI, (rejected the first one,) that the problem with the "pull" to the left has been rectified by BMW in Germany and affected cars will be recalled in the first quater of this year,

So which component is at fault, and which cars will be recalled?

Can anyone give me an official source of where this information has come from that I may contact?

Is it just another rumour that will only put us off the trail? If we do not get official confirmation soon the we will dimish our chances of rejecting our faulty unfixable left pulling MINIs. I am not waiting until March for this "letter" to may be appear.

Does any one have anything in writing yet? Why are MINI not making an official statment on the matter to this Forum, Paul?

Lots of questions, but no answers.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts