MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I had decided that i want to enjoy my car even further so i have been looking at entering a car rally, i have been looking at Cannonball and the Gumball. But the one i have decided to apply for is this new rally that ticks all the boxes for me its called the BJ Rally, BJ Rally Home, its on the net have a look.

Anyone else wanna do it, i think it would be brilliant if we had a large turn out for minis.

I think this would be a huge convoy for minis and at a good price i think minis could take over.

Jammal

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
not sure an unknown rally is worth £3k especially one called the "BJ" rally:confused: It would be fun but wouldn't pay that much for it

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
I'm sorry but 3K to enter that! :hmph:

As to there claim to drive "through some of Europe’s most exciting and wonderful routes"

Day 1
What a waste of time! I'd be wanting to get somewhere other than Calais on my first night. What an uninspiring place to stay! :rolleyes:

Day 2
St Tropaz is a 10 hour straight drive using the motorways, so I don't think you be experiencing those wonderful routes! :rolleyes:

Day 3
You do not want to be driving anywhere near or in Paris if you value your car! ;)

Day 4
Paris to Calais, I'm bored at the thought!

Plus after you've paid your 3K they want an extra £200 per head if you want to take part in the end of rally bash two weeks later! :p

I'd go with Supa-dupa's advice and think about the Italian Job, a fantastic event if you've got a MINI, you'll have the time of your life!

We should know we've done it twice! :D

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
It is an expensive way to drive to the South of France and back - most of which will have to be on motorway otherwise the times will not work. No scenery to see in my opinion

Did you notice who the organiser is - he has the same name as a banned member !!

The IJ will cost you half as much and give you many more times fun / grin factor

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just though that it costs like £60k for the gumball and £6k for the cannonball so i thought this would be a viable option.

Plus tbh it was just for me to have a blast to france and back, like the other rallys they dont reall stop to look around. But i see what you mean. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts