MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a recent convert to the joys of Mini and, as of yesterday, the proud owner of a 5 door Cooper hatchback. It's an Exclusive, which means it has leather seats. These look great but I'm looking to get cloth seat covers to protect both me and the leather. I don't want any old rubbish so can anyone recommend some really good covers that fit well and look great please. Thank you.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Not sure what you really mean when you say "really good covers that fit well and look great please".
It all depends how much you're wanting to spend to protect the originals whilst having good covers. I recently came across this

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks knt, I'll look at that site. I suppose I'm looking for good quality, that will last a while, and something that looks like it was made for a Mini seat rather than a cheap generic one that hangs on the seat and looks cheap, and there seem to be plenty of those around.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I don't have an answer for covers but I have had experience of the two different type of leathers Mini use. The best is the Lounge leather (all the Exclusive leathers are that type) which is very hard wearing and mine looked excellent after 6 years of use. Just clean and condition yearly. I think it would be a shame to cover up such high quality leather.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks SteveM3 and noted especially the need to clean and condition them. Yes they look great, though perhaps they won't after I've sweated on them for a few months next Spring/Summer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts