MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i just joined the forum as i am desperately looking for suitable car seat for my 15 month old.:confused::confused: i have mini one 03 (with isofix!) my bub is still riding in infant seat, and i managed to do this for a year without isofix base , so i'm still debating wether i really need this now for the bigger seat.
please share your experiences with me witch seat fits the best for mini one and as well is comfy for the little one. i am thinking about maxi cosy toby. Anyone has any advice on this car seat? thank you very much!

·
Registered
67 Posts
im a nanny and have used/ have got several carseats this is what i have..............

i have the tobi which is gret. very solid and doesnt move at all and has a lovely recline (although stiff at first it does loosen over time). its got a very narrow bottom which is great for the mini as buckle crunch can be a problem. i like to springing straps and the easy strap height adjustment. the tobi sits quite high in the car so little one gets a good view out of the side windows. all in all very good!

however, i also have a britax evolva 123 which is just as great. again very solid. it takes me a little longer to fit in the car as you have to put your knee into the seat and pull the belt tight where the tobi has the seatbelt tentioner to do this for you. once in tho it doesnt move at all. it only has one recline which you have to take the seat out to do but personally when my young charges were small i just kept it in recline position. lovely big head rest which gives lots of side impact protection, the tobi does have side impact protection too.

i love both seats and would have no worries putting a 15mth old in either. just depends which you prefer.

will add some photos later if you want.

hope this helps.

·
Banned
114 Posts
My ex used to work for a cab firm and they had car seats that they would put in the cab because child is irritating during the driving,it's not a legal requirement though, personally I would not put my children in a seat,seats belt is very important for the child because with out it child never be safe...

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would not put my children in a seat
Just for clarification because habi222's babbling doesn't make sense.... you wouldn't put your toddler in a child's car seat or a regular seat? I would hope you would make use of a child car seat and properly fasten it down like they're designed to be...

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've used a Britax Evolva 123 for the last 2 years. Once you get the knack it's very easy to fit. The toddler is 3 1/2 now and finds it comfortable and soon drops off to sleep. We keep it permanently in the recline position. I'd recommend it.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Have used a Besafe iZiGo ISOFIX since my son was born, and am about to replace with a new izi Kid i-Size seat. Both are rear facing and the i-size version meets the new side impact and weight/height standards.

It will take up a fair bit of room so we'll probably find that as I'm tall and tother half is short, I will end up doing the driving.

We'll keep him rear facing for as long as possible because that is the safest way to travel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts