MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm seriously considering buying a 2004 Mini cooper. I have a 3 year old and am expecting my second child in March - I'm planning on buying a Quinny Zapp for the new baby as I think this pushchair will fit in the boot. In terms of car seats I am looking for isofix seats for newborn and 3 year old. Any advice? We also have a CRV so are okay for the big journeys and holidays but we both work and need a second runaround - the mini would really just be for me to run around in. I have so desperately wanted one for so long but worried I might be doing the wrong thing!

·
Registered
67 Posts
hi,

i have an 03 mini one which is non isofix and i use a maxi cosi sps and a concord ion in the back on a regular basis. they both fit really well. i recomend using a grip mat under the maxi cosi sps as i started to rub a small kole in the seat fabric (and the mat has also made the carseat grip the seat even better!).

you said your little one is 3yrs old so it maybe better going for a carseat that will last a bit longer than the maxi cosi sps..... i have used the britax evolva 123 many times in the mini and it fits well. i also like it as it has lots of protection around the head which i notice many highback booster style seats dont have.

i would definatly recomend the concord ion for your newborn.....its fairly heavy but if you dont intend carrying it to far thats not a problem.....it is realy easy to install (its not isofix but is still a great fix and doesnt move at all)...when installed the handle drops forwards which makes getting baby in and out easier if you dont want to keep taking the seat in and out.

i have used a quinny zapp in the past and its lovely but tend to like the petite star zia better. it reclines (perfect for newborn and sleepy babies and toddlers) that the zapp doesnt and i hate the idea of a newborn being in a carseat for too long....it also has a small basket underneath (ok its a bit fiddly to access but at least it has one which the zapp doesnt)....the zia fit perfectly in the mini boot with room for a few shopping bags as well.........some people have had problems with the rear wheels comming off because they have court the release button on the path curb but i must say i have never had this issue so dont let it put you off !!!

hope this helps
good luck!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
just a thought.........depending on your 3yr olds weight have you looked at the britax hi liner.....i just bought this from halfords for £39.....fits nicely in my mini one (03 reg)......theres lots of head protection....it doesn recline like the evolva but if your not going on realy long trips that shouldnt be a problem (having said my just 4yr old fell asleep in it today and her head was well supported and she looked comfy).

might be worth a look?

·
Registered
148 Posts
just a thought.........depending on your 3yr olds weight have you looked at the britax hi liner.....i just bought this from halfords for £39.....fits nicely in my mini one (03 reg)......theres lots of head protection....it doesn recline like the evolva but if your not going on realy long trips that shouldnt be a problem (having said my just 4yr old fell asleep in it today and her head was well supported and she looked comfy).

might be worth a look?
We have the hi-liner too, and have used it since my little one was 2.5, she even falls sleep in it without her head falling forward. got mine from argos for about £30, good buy, easy to swop car to car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts