MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mini One D
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is still tramlining even though I have had the front control arm rear bushes replaced with Powerflex ones although its not as bad as it was.

My tyres are Runflats could that be the reason?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got Pirelli runflats on my Clubbie and have no problems with tramlining.
Runflats are much, much better than they were a few years ago, maybe not perfect but certainly not worth binning just cos they're runflats.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I run Goodyear excellence in 3 of my minis (all runflats) and don't have a problem. Yeah the ride is a tad harsher than normal tyres but that's one of the things I like about them but they aren't everyone's cup of tea

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
My car is still tramlining even though I have had the front control arm rear bushes replaced with Powerflex ones although its not as bad as it was.
My tyres are Runflats could that be the reason?
When I got my R53 last October the twitching and tramlining was horrendous. It had run-flats. Quite new Marshall rubbish front and new by previous owner Pirelli P Zero on the back. Why? Usual ridiculous tyre fitter mantra "put the best tyres on the back". On a FWD car? With engineered in understeer? Duh! I don't think so.

So I did two things which pretty much sorted it.
1) Swapped the £130 each Pirellis to the front.
2) Took it to STS Tyre Pros for full alignment on their Hunter.

Transformed.

Pics of the alignment print on 27/10/2016, before and after (this cost £114 as everything needed adjusting). Almost all red before.
Pics of more recent alignment print on 26/5/2017 after having Powerflex lower arm bushs fitted. Spot on.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to get this done properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
"3 of my Minis" bloody hell how many Minis and how many cars in total do you have lol lol lol
I'm down to 4 Minis, one is a classic. Just a few years ago there was 7 cars in my household (that the wife knew about) there was another 4 cars and 2 buses that she didn't know about :big_grin: The wife was moaning about the amount of cars I had so I agreed to thin the fleet down a little and sell a few.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts