MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I was looking for a carbon fiber bonnet scoop.
I found them from:
mini speed £84.26 + vat
BenFer Performance $250
JCW ?? price ??
minimania $400

Any comment on quality? does it look good after one year?

Why this is sooooo expensive?

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
matee said:
Hello.
I was looking for a carbon fiber bonnet scoop.
I found them from:
mini speed £84.26 + vat
BenFer Performance $250
JCW ?? price ??
minimania $400

Any comment on quality? does it look good after one year?

Why this is sooooo expensive?
its CF!!!

to start, the minispeed one, like moss is most likely a CF overlay, so not real cf, that's why its so inexpensive.. if ur just going for the look then go for it... it's cheap abs plastic w/ cf overlay.. but people dont have to know that!

ben fer makes pure cf products.. so u can trust their quality

cant comment on mini mania's

·
" Yes they are nineteens"
143 Posts
carbon scoop with pertruding lip !

just wondering guys where do you get the carbon scoops that have a pertruding lip sticking out at the top ive only seen them in the go mini magazine and i could never find any info on them ????? does any body know anyhting about them ???????

·
Registered
84 Posts
FAT MINI said:
just wondering guys where do you get the carbon scoops that have a pertruding lip sticking out at the top ive only seen them in the go mini magazine and i could never find any info on them ????? does any body know anyhting about them ???????
I think i know which one you talking about
I'm currently looking for that one too

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
Ah, as stated above, unless you want fake carbon fibre, you pay for what you get, even the best ones like BFP are'nt perfect like everyone seems to think CF comes out like everytime. THE REASON THEY LOOK PERFECT IS BECAUSE THEIR FAKE.
Unless you spend a forune on CF, you will have faults.

the lip is from BBR. Fake CF and does'nt do anything. Have one of the first and has'nt made a difference in all 15 months.

·
speedlover
11 Posts
enzothemaddog said:
Ah, as stated above, unless you want fake carbon fibre, you pay for what you get, even the best ones like BFP are'nt perfect like everyone seems to think CF comes out like everytime. THE REASON THEY LOOK PERFECT IS BECAUSE THEIR FAKE.
Unless you spend a forune on CF, you will have faults.

the lip is from BBR. Fake CF and does'nt do anything. Have one of the first and has'nt made a difference in all 15 months.
Is there somebody who know how much the new JCW CF "race-style" rear spoiler cost?
Greetzz

·
speedlover
11 Posts
enzothemaddog said:
I think its Aluminium not CF. I have an CF M7 wing which is pretty much the same.
The JCW website should have a price for you.
Yes, there is also a aluminium spoiler available, but !that! aluminium spoiler is since this month also available in CF! I know it because our dealer in Belgium gave us a brochure with al the "new JCW accessoires" but they don't know the prices!
But thanks very much!
greetzz

PS: have you got a foto of your CF M7 wing?

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
jeroenengeler said:
Yes, there is also a aluminium spoiler available, but !that! aluminium spoiler is since this month also available in CF! I know it because our dealer in Belgium gave us a brochure with al the "new JCW accessoires" but they don't know the prices!
But thanks very much!
greetzz

PS: have you got a foto of your CF M7 wing?
I do, but cant put them on here, Id probably be banished for soliciting my 'CF wares'.
Be aware though that even the JCW is a bugger to put on!

I think the M7 is a APR aerofoil rebranded. Probably very very similar. Considering the price of a JCW aluminium, go the M7!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.