MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my new mini with standard anthracite interior trim and also the carbon fiber interior trim kit. In the description of the carbon ftk, it also will include door trim. I have found a picture of the MC40 with the carbon ftk on the dash, but not a very good one. Does anyone have a good few pics of the dash and the door trim in carbon fiber? Also, I assume that the dealer will install the carbon kit (since I had to pay for installation) and was wondering will I still get the anthracite trim too? Would like to get both, since I payed for it. :)

someone post some cool pics please!

*edit* I have seen the shots of the parts on the table, just wanted to get a good look inside the car. I think it will be nice with the chrome interior.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Goatherder said:
I have ordered my new mini with standard anthracite interior trim and also the carbon fiber interior trim kit. In the description of the carbon ftk, it also will include door trim. I have found a picture of the MC40 with the carbon ftk on the dash, but not a very good one. Does anyone have a good few pics of the dash and the door trim in carbon fiber? Also, I assume that the dealer will install the carbon kit (since I had to pay for installation) and was wondering will I still get the anthracite trim too? Would like to get both, since I payed for it. :)
There are two different carbon fiber options:
  • Carbon Fiber Trim Kit - $150 MSRP
    Not sure about the door panel "inserts", but the "carbon fiber" on the dash is stuck on top of the [anthracite] dash face​
  • JCW Carbon Fiber Dash - $1,200 MSRP
    The dash face pieces are replaced​
Check the following thread for more ...

http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70104

Bottom line ... looking at images of an MC40 dash isn't going to tell you what the $150 trim kit looks like ;)

·
BRG Cabrio S
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh, that explains a lot. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Once I get it, I will post some pics for everyone to see. Also thanks for the links. I still think this is going to look great! Lets hope it does. I have seen many anthracite dashes and they look superb, I hope I didn't make a mistake. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.