MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not dreaming this. I saw somewhere from a UK supplier that there was a CF bonnet for what seemed (given the price of other CF bits) to be a reasonable £600 odd.

I can't remember where I saw it though. Anyone help?

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Id find this harde to believe. Autocar got a replacement bumper, and bonnet, both i know, but, was £1990! Plus it has to be made in two pieces due to complex shape. mind u, might be easier to get shape from carbon fibre maybe!!

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes seemed remarkably cheap to me too, I'll find the bugger though if it takes all night.

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
VegasD said:
Here's one (US) I found

I actually saw this in person a week or so ago... Stunning.

I think they have distributors in europe. I'm unsure tho.
the m7 bonnet looks good ONLY on black MCS/... none other color looks good with it.. unlike most cf hoods available, the mini's got a huge hood that warps around the front end, and this piece just makes it look completely out of place...

besides.. cf hood on the mini you ain't saving much cuze what is heavy about the stock hood is the dam xenon headlights!

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
As above, no real weight saving cause the standard bonnet is Aluminium anyway :p

I do think it would look good on Dark Silver too :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
actually, I think it'd look great on any color MINI.

Open you mind and imagine the possibilities!

Paint it creativly to show off the CF!

Imagine it on PW or LY! It'd look HOT!

Sweet!

It does save some weight off the front end, like 16lbs or something. That's a lot of dead weigh off the front wheels when looked at rationally.

of course when looking to lose weight, all options must be explored and considered.

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
ScottyB said:
As above, no real weight saving cause the standard bonnet is Aluminium anyway :p

I do think it would look good on Dark Silver too :)
Oo, it is? Is the whole car Aluminium, or is it just the S bonnet that boasts that? I never really thought about what the MCS was made of...

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
VegasD said:
actually, I think it'd look great on any color MINI.

Open you mind and imagine the possibilities!

Paint it creativly to show off the CF!

Imagine it on PW or LY! It'd look HOT!

Sweet!
Definately I think ;)

I spose if you were to add thinks like CF spoiler/mirror caps/internal trims etc it would look BOMB on any colour :D

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
abs0lutely said:
Oo, it is? Is the whole car Aluminium, or is it just the S bonnet that boasts that? I never really thought about what the MCS was made of...
Not sure about the whole car - I just read that the bonnet is Aluminium - I'd assume both the Cooper and S have it.

·
Nurburgring Survivor
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ScottyB said:
I spose if you were to add thinks like CF spoiler/mirror caps/internal trims etc it would look BOMB on any colour
Thats the idea, was thinking on BEP but I might be leaning towards Astro Black now.

·
Registered
949 Posts
ScottyB said:
Not sure about the whole car - I just read that the bonnet is Aluminium - I'd assume both the Cooper and S have it.
That's not true - the hood on both the Coop and the S is steel. Quite a few people are using magnetic bonnet stripes.

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
U can get the hood from many places for around 750-800US but what they don't say is that they void your warranty, and unless you specify on the insurance will also void that in case of an accident.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Why does it void your warranty!?!

I cant see how it could... but then again... I'm sure if they looked hard enough they could get it for something... I take it you looked into it ENZO?:)

My thoughts were to buy it, then have the bonnet painted in my car color (CR) with the area where the "stripes" go left masked so the CF comes through... then clear coat it so its smooth... like the Wings West Focus did... alot less rice, only the CF spotters would recognise it - other tools wouldnt... Do you understand or do you want me to draw a freakin diagram!?!:D

Todd

·
Un-Banned
1,999 Posts
You guys have friggin lost it man........ :D :D :D :D :D

Nah that stripe idea (Todd) was what I was thinking about doing also, it would look the shiat.

I looked into the legality of it. Like I said before, In Australia insurance companies dont like them because there too expensive to replace and BMW would'nt like it because it gives them a reason to not give warranted work (affects the safety).

Bugger it though, im going to get one. I'd get an M7 one though because they've already put 6 months development into them.

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
enzothemaddog said:
Nah that stripe idea (Todd) was what I was thinking about doing also, it would look the shiat.
I think it would look freeking crazy on my CR/B!!

enzothemaddog said:
bugger it I'm gona get one
Do it! Do it!! I must say you must be carbon fibre mad!!!

Keep posting pictures!!

Todd

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
11 Participants
enzothemaddog
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing