MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I would say the two best would be;
Interior door handles
And the beltline,
they would look awesome especially the beltline.

And also maybe a carbon line interior to replace the chrome line bits, however I realise this may be very tricky as they are now complete units on the r56 unlike the r53, maybe you could do covers instead??

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
CF steering wheel inserts to work with the MFSW would be ace :cool:

So mnay folks get the JCW wheel, and have to have odd coloured inserts (like me)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Just thought, what about the chrome ring on the key? that would be cool as its something you see, use have with you all day. and its small so would be cheap :)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say the two best would be;
Interior door handles
And the beltline,
they would look awesome especially the beltline.

And also maybe a carbon line interior to replace the chrome line bits, however I realise this may be very tricky as they are now complete units on the r56 unlike the r53, maybe you could do covers instead??
Will look into the interior rings
Interior door handles are here - NewMINIStuff.com
Beltline - will price that up

So mnay folks get the JCW wheel, and have to have odd coloured inserts (like me)
Looked at this a few times - can do the surrounds but the buttons still wrong colour :(
Just thought, what about the chrome ring on the key? that would be cool as its something you see, use have with you all day. and its small so would be cheap :)
Needs to be stronger as they are always breaking so I suppose that could be an extra benefit

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
What about a carbon firbe rear view mirror cover, like you get the union jack ones etc.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would like to see the scoop, mirror caps and 2 piece dash to cost less than 2 arms and a leg but hey!

On a different note, the steering wheel where there is a silver ring around the horn, that in carbon to compliment the dash and the spoke pieces

Shane

·
Registered
262 Posts
I'd also like to see carbon inserts for the MFSW, I realise the buttons couldn't be in carbon, but couldn't you make some black buttons to replace the silver?

Carbon rear view mirror - excellent idea...

What about centre console buttons and controls (air con mini emblem and heat controls) and other smaller switches in black plastic also the CD casing for boost stereo, and maybe something to replace the silver buttons on the speedo. The silver plastic parts are the only things I REALLY dislike about the R56! They look so cheap in comparison to the rest of the interior... and as yet theres nothing to replace them with.

I like the key surround idea!

·
Registered
889 Posts

Agree with jon

Also belt line an idea

Just wish prices of carbon bits were a little cheaper thats all - Wanting front and rear light surrounds but so expensive!

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Problem is folks it's carbon fibre, and good quality CF costs a fortune ;)

F1 car front wing costs around £15-20k :eek: so actually a couple of hundred quid isn't so bad :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Problem is folks it's carbon fibre, and good quality CF costs a fortune ;)

F1 car front wing costs around £15-20k :eek: so actually a couple of hundred quid isn't so bad :p
I agree, and if they were cheaper, more could afford them... meaning not as unique. Don't get me wrong I love bargains but with a mini its about the individuality and make carbon bits too cheap and everyone'll have them.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts