MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I hate you Mikey;)

How much, although not this month as some git has dented my door...........arghh!!:angry:

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
very sorry to be neggative but....to me it seems abit like the kings suit. what is so good about a carbon grille surround? when its a different (much lighter) black to the grille? and also...whats the point in spending the money when your loosing no weight...not a fan sorryyy

·
Registered
105 Posts
adam_Randall, the weight of the grill surround should be negotiable regarding most road-going cars. Hence, think of it as pure decoration. Like stripes.

·
MINI2 Regular
3,726 Posts
but wasnt adding carbon supposed to be for reducing weight? (carbon bonnet, roof, boot, doors etc).

i just do see the obsession. agreed that the dash looks good but...there are limits.

but each to their own - thousands of people love little bits of carbon here and their

·
Registered
296 Posts
adam_Randall, the weight of the grill surround should be negotiable regarding most road-going cars. Hence, think of it as pure decoration. Like stripes.
Indeed, well said. Like no other MINI colour, the PW/B MCS is most suitable for carbon trims. A carbon bonnet scoop with matching carbon grille trim and mirrors looks really good on a PW car, while it may look a tad OTT on other colours. In the same manner, I like that laser blue MCS with chromed mirror caps, grille trim and chromed bonnet scoop. I would not try this on my CR/W MCS, as it would not look half as good as on the laser blue MCS.

See yourself and tell me what you think :)

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
but wasnt adding carbon supposed to be for reducing weight? (carbon bonnet, roof, boot, doors etc).

i just do see the obsession. agreed that the dash looks good but...there are limits.

but each to their own - thousands of people love little bits of carbon here and their
Ohyes, the carbon was certainly meant to reduce weight but somewhere along the way someone discovered that it is quite good looking as well. That is why we have things like iterior trim and gear knobs in CF today. I love the visual texture of it and I think I'm not alone...

And then there are those that find it hideous. Easy as that!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
dr Dunkel
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing