MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are people's chrome holding up? Does it seem to wear or discolor at all?

And what would you guys recommend to clean it? I'm pretty set on getting it, since I am getting a Black Mini and the combo looks awesome. Thanks. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
My MINI has a chrome grill and wing mirrors. I've had the car for 6 months and covered 9500 miles and it looks the same as the day I got it.

And I don't treat it any differently, I just clean it with the MINI car shampoo!!

HTH,
Richard :D

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
fergusor said:
My MINI has a chrome grill and wing mirrors. I've had the car for 6 months and covered 9500 miles and it looks the same as the day I got it.

And I don't treat it any differently, I just clean it with the MINI car shampoo!!

HTH,
Richard :D
What do you use to get simple stuff like fingerprints or the like off? Think windex would work ok?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Purple Haze said:
What do you use to get simple stuff like fingerprints or the like off? Think windex would work ok?
To be honest I don't use anything at all... I literally wash the mirrors and grill with the MINI shampoo, leather the car dry and leave it at that!!

But the water is always clean in the bucket. I don't use a sponge and keep dipping it in, I have a one-way hose with a cleaning brush on the end so the water comes out of the pipe but can't get back in.

I don't know what effect a window cleaner would have to be honest, but I wouldn't use one, it may contain chemicals that could damamge the chrome. I'm just guessing here, you'll need to get proper advice on that one.

No special tricks to reveal I'm afraid :(

Richard.

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fergusor said:
To be honest I don't use anything at all... I literally wash the mirrors and grill with the MINI shampoo, leather the car dry and leave it at that!!

But the water is always clean in the bucket. I don't use a sponge and keep dipping it in, I have a one-way hose with a cleaning brush on the end so the water comes out of the pipe but can't get back in.

I don't know what effect a window cleaner would have to be honest, but I wouldn't use one, it may contain chemicals that could damamge the chrome. I'm just guessing here, you'll need to get proper advice on that one.

No special tricks to reveal I'm afraid :(

Richard.

Sounds pretty tough, looks like a good choice to me. :D

Thanks. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts