MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Castle Coombe are hosting another MINIWORLD action day on October 9.

For £8 you get entry to the ground - stands, traders, etc
but

for £10 you get a 3 lap parade

and for all you Sp**d Clubbers out there..........

for £25 you get 5 flying laps.

Even better than that, if we get organised and book as a club, the price comes down, we get a club stand and we get track time!

Go here to see the official siteMiniworld Action Day

or buy the NewMINI mag

or even better, just post your interest here and MINI2 SPEED CLUB will do the rest!
Interested Peeps
1. S_and_M
2. Max ?
3. Jeep-2-Mini
4. Scooperman-uk (hobbling :D )
5. PortRhombus
6. Aston
7. situation vacant
8. Beastmaster + Peanut
9. Red Arrow
10. geist
11. Wigley
12. TT_convert
13. Tim&Gemma
14.minnie mouse
S:yeblack:

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Circuit made for MINIs

Checkout the twisties on this little baby

You KNOW you want to drive this circuit.

With friendly marshals, this day is suited to both novices and experienced Speed Clubbers alike.

I guarantee that if you do the parade laps you will want to do the fliyng laps as well! :cool:

Mr Mod, can you get your glue out for this one please?

Paul, can we have the banner?

R50, Cruiser, you going? If so shall we combine efforts to ensure we get best rates and biggest stands?

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
Hi guys,
Max CC noise limit for track days (as oppsed race days ) is normally 100 dB not 110.
I think your Janspeed will be fine for noise test.Regarding brakes if you are pushing there is a good chance you will brakes will give up,they are well underspec for a modded MCS on the track.
We will be using genuine Porsche 911 twin turbo calipers with 341mm discs!

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys

but does that mean that you are interested in coming to Castle Coombe Action day?

Max, would love to hear what CC say re price

Roland - most modded S's that have had the pleasure of sharing track time with the Bee seemed to be fine on the braking front - as long as they were allowed to cool properly between sessions. That said I can think of a few people who have cooked em (that includes Coopers) so upgrades are nice but not always neccessary :cool:

So, do I put your names down as interested or what :confused: :D

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mr Moderator

Bump - please will you make this a sticky?

Meantime - is anyone interested in going to this? Or will it just be me in (hopefully) the new Bee, but more than likely the old Bee?

·
MINI 2 Sponsor GT Tuning
2,813 Posts
HI Guys,
s&m What on earth is a Bee (apart from a honey making insect?)
I think 2 laps of CC driven properly, and the fluid would boil,normally going into tower.Brake hard, brake late ,brake once.

·
almost 59k
5,117 Posts
gotta say having seen the JCC there this year. its a frightening circuit. there were 4 crashes on quarry corner... oops perhaps i should have told u that. anyway, i would love to come along but im laid up recovering from ankle surgery that week, so i wont be driving. however i would be more than happy to be someones passenger on the track.

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Bee?

Roland - sounds like you've driven this circuit a few times ;) The mini is a late braking pocket rocket - so no probs there! So..........you joining us on the day?
If my standard brakes can survive the Ring and 70 plus laps of Croft, then I reckon they should be up to CC :D

And the Bee is a little LY/B Cooper that's soon to be put back in the hive to make way for the SuperBee - a little LY/B Cooper S :cool:

Welcome aboard fellow Stevians :cool:

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Roll up , roll up

Still plenty of time to get your names down for this fun track event!

Suitable to puddlers and pounders alike! :D

(bump)

·
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sure Thing Stephen

stephen_cy_wong said:
Can you put me down for this Steve:D
Should make up for missing out on croft this year
Your fully specced up S won't be as slow as that Diesel 3 series you drove at Croft! You'll have a blast!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
23 Participants
s_and_m
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing