MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
R56 2007 One 1.4 Petrol
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, quick question is it worth fitting a catch can to a non turbo R56 Mini One 2007 cam cover vent pipe?

·
Registered
913 Posts
not really imo

·
Registered
913 Posts
some does, not as much really as on the turbo cars, but on those they have direct injection, you don't, hence the 'not really', you'll succeed in keeping some oil out of the combustion but won't be a lot, and it probably isn't going to make a night and day difference to any level of performance, sure it's ok doing it if you accept it for what it is....

·
Registered
R56 2007 One 1.4 Petrol
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The reason I was considering this is I did a Seafoam cleanout via the PCV tube and it ran a lot smoother afterwards, so I assumed it was down to carbon crud build up on the inlet valves. I was just thinking it would help for the future, but if you think the effects will be minimal, I won't bother getting one.

·
Registered
913 Posts
might have been some build up but equally could have been in the combustion chamber, also getting a clean?

·
Registered
R56 2007 One 1.4 Petrol
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your expertise, much appreciated 🙂

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have two cans on my R56. They catch an amazing amount of crud, and I think they work quite well. I would do it again.

·
Registered
913 Posts
this car isn't a turbo hence the question....

·
Registered
Mini Cooper S ( R56 ) Registration 2009
4 Posts
The one on the PCV side catches 4X as much as the one on the turbo. If you go with one, go with that one.
I have no clue,but I have read about Catch Cans and haven't decided.What is the "PVS SIDE"? and you said go for that one......Could you be a bit more specific please.Many thanks for responding.

·
Registered
913 Posts
PCV side is right side, (aux belt side)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts