MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't beleive it :mad:

spent all last weekend getting my 'S' all spangly and shinny with lots of Meguires stuff and I left her on the driveway last night for an hour, only (noticed this morning whilst filling up at gas station) to find some [email protected]!!&***@!! cat has sat on the bonnet and left some little scratches :mad: :mad: But hopefully they will polish out as I can't feel them in the paint work..... :rolleyes:

Dear Santa all I want for Crimbo is a Cat Gun :D
and some more Meguires stuff :p

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good shout Rakey.......I've got some in the garage and it will be used tonight when I get home :(

I think its cos the 'S' hood stays warm/hot for longer, cats seem to snuggle up on them.......darn beasts :mad:

·
ITS RAINNIN' SIDEWAYS
16,430 Posts
its a dilema once the cat is up there - do you scare it & then like shired says, out come the claws or do you let it wander around up there? we have 2 cats & one of ours was walking around on my very wet & waxed bonnet the other day :eek: i let it jump down & then shouted at it :p

·
2003 PS MCS
137 Posts
As a responsible cat owner, I sure can relate to your problem. Cats should stay indoors at all times, not be allowed to run loose all over IMHO. My two never go out, don't want to go out, and are happier and healthier. Indoor cats live longer as well.

Plus they don't damage property. If I were you, I'd get pictures of this cat on your car if you can, then confront the owner with the bill for any repairs needed.

J\

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok, I'm going to stick up for cats, I like them a lot. I do object to people wanting to harm animals, so I hope some of these comments are tongue in cheek. They are 'dumb' animals and therefore are not acting out of spite or nastiness.

I do understand how upset you must be to find these scratch marks, but I hope the worse you would use is a spray of water to disturb them.

Anyway, Happy Christmas to one and all on MINI2.

xxx

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
the problem with cats is the owners. People in the UK now buy cats more than dogs. Its because the lifestyle of the average mortgaged homeowner is that the house is left all day while they work every hour god sends to meet mortgage payments. If they want a pet, its easier to get a cat.

Then the cat gets locked out all day and all night. It splits open bin bags and spreads rubbish. It sh*ts in the neighbors garden, and spends the day merrily killing every bird and small mammal in its range, without even eating its prey usually. During the mating season it spends hours out side the nearest open window screaming its head off.

Cats are owned by cat lovers, not animal lovers. Cats are modern day vermin. The world would be a better place without them.

But its not the cats fault. Its the irresponsible owners.

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
Mandalay said:
Ok, I'm going to stick up for cats, I like them a lot. I do object to people wanting to harm animals, so I hope some of these comments are tongue in cheek. They are 'dumb' animals and therefore are not acting out of spite or nastiness.

I do understand how upset you must be to find these scratch marks, but I hope the worse you would use is a spray of water to disturb them.

Anyway, Happy Christmas to one and all on MINI2.

xxx
I for one am joking. At least about the taser part.

I have a guy in my neighborhood that lets his wander all over pi**ing on everything.
They get hit by a car and he just gets another.
That is just stupid.

And yes dog owners can be just as bad. Had a few of them around here as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Think yourself lucky you don't have a Peacock like I do who hates my electric blue Mini (because it is bluer and shinier than him) and promptly kung - fu kicked it and scratched it / pecked it to my horror as I was watching out the window. Thus I had to invest in a cover. He never bothered with any other cars.

Next to me in the supermarket was an XKR convertible in Green metallic that had cat paw prints all over the boot and a thick mat of cat hair on the convertible soft top. It looked like a cat bed :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.