MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided on colour and wheels at last ! But have not specced an audio system as I have one I can put in.
I vaguely recall reading that the cable for the multi changer would be in the car already ? What I was considering was using the standard radio and buying a multi changer just to plug in. Or fitting my oen head unit and changer. What I'd like to know is are cars being fitted with the cable and is the wave radio any good with it ?
Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had the cable fitted as a FOC option, my dealer just added it to my options list automatically. "Might as well have it as it's free"

·
Registered
330 Posts
Got the wave radio with factory fitted changer in the boot. It works fine, but the sound could be better, so if you're a hifi fan look to replace the bog standard head unit as recommended elsewhere.

Don't know much about the autochanger though. Are there any real differences between one 6-disc autochanger and another? Doesn't the real impact on sound come from the head unit / amps / speakers? (In no particular order).

If so, then £235 for the standard autochanger ain't too bad to give you something to use before you can get the other doo-dads.

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guessed that the wvae wouldn't be up to much, the currnet head-unit I have is 4 x 25 so a bit more oomph than boost. I was contemplating using the wave and an aftermarket changer which I guess I could pick up for £150ish against BMs £235. Will ask for the lead if it's free !
Looks likely I'll just install my present sysytem....

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have requested the fitment of the changer cable to my car. Does anyone know what changer is used in the MINI and can it be picked up cheaper elsewhere ?
Thanks...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts