MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had this:

First problem:

some times while I'm driving and have a CD playing, all of a sudden the CD switches mode and the radio starts playing! I don't know how or why, but I noticed this happening many times while driving for many hours in a long trip. I noticed that when it happens.

I noticed that It does not switch to the radio station left in memory (the one that will be heard if I manually switch to radio) but another radio station, a specific one! Maybe the Mini likes that station ;)

Second problem:

Sometimes while a CD is playing, it just stops. No sound is coming. It seems like the CD has a problem, a scratch or something (ok, my CDs are not in their best conditiong, I know) and it just haults! If I try to seek back or forth in the same track, nothing happens. I just have to advance to the next track.

I know that a bad CD may not play, but usually all it does is skip or make fuzzy sounds...

Well it's not too much of a problem but I was wondering.

Oh, I have the standard CD player that came with the Mini *before* the face list (not the new one).

Thanks!

·
Registered
888 Posts
First problems sounds like an RDS-traffic report is coming on. If you wait a few minutes the radio station is probably about to broadcast some traffic news. You can turn this on or off with the TP setting. You can also turn on a NEWS function which is a real pain in the neck and might also be whats happening!

second problem - does it happen when you have a CD in good condition playing?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm, I think I have all these disabled, but I can't tell for sure so I'll go check it out.

As for the CD-quality, almost all of my CDs are not the best quality because I they're burned with a computer and sometimes the sun strikes them while inside the car :)

Thanks for the answer, I'll see if it has to do something with the options about news etc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts