MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is due into the dealer next week for yet another round of fixes. The dealer has just called to ask me to take in the JCW CD rom so they can do a software re flash.....

Just one probelm I dont have a CD rom and was never given one. was I supposed to get one? If so I Guess I have a problem then?:confused::(

·
Boosted
480 Posts
I would of thought the installing dealer would keep it. If there is ecu flash info on it i'm sure a tuner would love to see it!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Didn't get one with mine either.

Saying that, my dealer would probably try and charge me for another....

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
My car is due into the dealer next week for yet another round of fixes. The dealer has just called to ask me to take in the JCW CD rom so they can do a software re flash.....

Just one probelm I dont have a CD rom and was never given one. was I supposed to get one? If so I Guess I have a problem then?:confused::(
I was never given mine either, the dealer kept it....................safe i hope:smile:

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It would sort of make sense for the dealer to keep it ... unless you go to a different dealer to have work done. It's not one of those little 3 inch discs and tucked away in an envelope is it?
My car was the first customer car they did...All I got given were the keys back and the certificate..

·
Boosted
480 Posts
At no point in the instructions does it say that the customer is to retain the CD, just says give them a lovely certificate, a pat on the bum and tell them to go enjoy. Ok the last bit isn't true! I'd ask the installing dealership where my CD is.

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
Yes you should get the disc back :(

It's coded to your chassis number, so is required, and another would have to be ordered again specially for your chassis number for it to work - it's a bit like losing a key, except you never had it in the first place.

Another thing to moan about ;)

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At no point in the instructions does it say that the customer is to retain the CD, just says give them a lovely certificate, a pat on the bum and tell them to go enjoy. Ok the last bit isn't true! I'd ask the installing dealership where my CD is.
I have it appears they have noit got it either....talking to MINI about it now:rolleyes:

·
Registered
851 Posts
I didn't get mine. I was the told the installer dealer kept them all which makes perfect sense as the CD is useless to me.

If they've lost it they shouldn't have a problem ordering a new one. It will only work on one car after all...

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't get mine. I was the told the installer dealer kept them all which makes perfect sense as the CD is useless to me.

If they've lost it they shouldn't have a problem ordering a new one. It will only work on one car after all...
Lets hope so...:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Got a CD with mine the dealer said it had my cars own unique settings and to hand it over whenever i got my R56 JCW serviced. Just fired it up too see the contents and it contains nothing but 3 files on it coming up to 2.78k!!!

Surely they could have stored something as small as this on the drivers key somehow!

·
Registered
847 Posts
I was given the tuning kit CD when I bought my R56 and was told not to loose it. I've listened to it and it's crap, sound's like really bad techno dance music? :biggrin:

·
JCW time
18,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes you should get the disc back :(

It's coded to your chassis number, so is required, and another would have to be ordered again specially for your chassis number for it to work - it's a bit like losing a key, except you never had it in the first place.

Another thing to moan about ;)
To be honest I think this is the straw that broke the camels back.....this car is hexed I am convinced. :(

I got mine with my stage 1

looked like home made CD with handrwitted JCW stage 1 I think written on it
Got a CD with mine the dealer said it had my cars own unique settings and to hand it over whenever i got my R56 JCW serviced. Just fired it up too see the contents and it contains nothing but 3 files on it coming up to 2.78k!!!

Surely they could have stored something as small as this on the drivers key somehow!
I was given the tuning kit CD when I bought my R56 and was told not to loose it. I've listened to it and it's crap, sound's like really bad techno dance music? :biggrin:
The dealer is sorting me a new one. Sadly until they get it the car can't have the work it needs done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts