MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else find it annoying that if your listening to a CD or your ipod through the car stereo, and you turn the engine off in the middle of a track. When you go back into the car to drive after a 1hr or so stop, the CD or ipod will start from the start of the track and not where you left it.

I find this annoying as a lot of my CDs are one track but over 1hr 30min so when I dive to work, say I have listened to 40min, then when it’s time to drive home, I’ll have to listen to the same 40min again.

Is there some setting somewhere to change this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hate the ipod software in the mini boost

Hi!

I agree... If my car has been turned off for a second, then it starts on a random radio channel instead of the track i was listening to on my ipod...

The menu system for the ipod is the worst thing i've ever used!!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have the same problem with the ipod. It pauses for a certain amount of time, after which it just restarts from the beginning of the track.

But I'm thinking maybe the problem lies with the ipod, not the car stereo. Ie. when you turn of the stereo, then the ipod pauses. After being in pause mode for a certain length of time the ipod turns itself of to conserve power. Maybe when it turns itself off, it loses the position and has to restart from the beginning of the track when the car stereo is switched back on.

What happens if you play a song on the ipod normally, ie via headphones in the house say, and pause it half way through a track and then go to bed. When you return to it in the morning, and press play, does it carry on from where it was paused the night before? If not, then this would be the reason it does the same in the MINI.

I try it tonight if I remember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts